Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently come across several threads on the geek that have people discussing replacing their circle punches because they are dull. Well, I did a little research and found a way that actually works pretty well for sharpening them back up. You punch holes through a soda can! I didn't believe it at first but it DOES work. I also found a video on line that shows someone doing it. Hopefully this idea can save a few geeks a couple bucks better spent on something else. Here is the video link:

http://lindastamps.wordpress.com/2008/11/09/stampbusters-sha...

Chuck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody
Canada
Madeira Park
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
I have no willpower :)
badge
(.ㅅ.) The meaning of life is tuna >'.'<
mbmbmbmbmb
This works great. I regularly punch through laminated sticker paper for counters & such & the glue & laminates dull the punches something fierce. When I first started using punches I was doing the old tinfoil trick but it takes forever & sometimes got stuck. Now I do the aluminum pop cans a few punches later nice & sharp. If you find your punches getting gummed up by glue concentrated orange oil on a swab cleans up the gook nicely. Just don't get the oil on plastic as it can dull the finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chirgwin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Another simple remedy for glues is to rub them glue off with Eucalyptus Oil (if you have access to it). Again, don't let it spend too much time on Plastics or you will lose your gloss finish... But Eucalyptus Oil is great for getting price-tag glue from almost any surface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been punching fine grit sandpaper to sharpen mine. I'll have to give the soda can a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.