GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,657 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG.CON

Subject: BGG.CON 2010 Vlogs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Otero
United States
Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I decided to take the Flip Cam to BGG.CON this year and shoot some video of the fun we had... Enjoy!

Part 1 of 5:

Part 2 of 5:

Part 3 of 5:

Part 4 of 5:

Part 5 of 5:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was pretty awesome, thanks for taking the time to put those out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing this - it gave some of the feeling of the event and makes me want to go next year!!

One suggestion for the future - it would have been really useful to have a two-sentence review of each game that you showed. You could sum up what you are doing in the game in one sentence, and then give your opinion of the game in the next sentence. This could have been done as a voiceover on top of the video that you add in as you edited it. That would go a long way toward adding a lot of value to the content in the video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
These are great! Thanks for posting. Nice game of Freeze
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I didn't even realize you were filming the game of The Resistance we were playing.

It was a fun time, I'm glad everyone seems to have enjoyed the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Otero
United States
Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SCOTT: Thanks for the advice Scott... I definitely wanted to do just that but I was tied down to just using the packaged software that came with the camera (it doesn't have that capability) cry Matter of fact, I went to the store today and bought better software. So maybe next year!

ALDIE: Freeze was good fun... I was surprised I didn't see more people giving it a shot.

NICH: The Resistance pretty much stressed me out... But Dana LOVED IT!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie Ohi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
YAY, a chance to play games during the DAY!! (I am cursed with morning person genes)
badge
I tweet about board gaming at @BGGgirl, about writing/illustrating at @inkyelbows.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these, Toby. And woohoo, I'm in part 4!!! I feel so famous!!!

Debbie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie Ohi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
YAY, a chance to play games during the DAY!! (I am cursed with morning person genes)
badge
I tweet about board gaming at @BGGgirl, about writing/illustrating at @inkyelbows.
mbmbmbmbmb
tobyo104 wrote:

ALDIE: Freeze was good fun... I was surprised I didn't see more people giving it a shot.

WAH, I was going to play Freeze on Thursday night!!! I got waylaid by an allergic reaction (& a fire truck and paramedics). :-(

Debbie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lott
United States
Cheverly
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really awesome to get a taste of the Con like that - thanks, Toby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these Toby. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife Dana and I had a great time in our game of Survive! (silly name, almost no one survived ). Hope to see you again next year.

P.S. In case you get the shakes, there is a forum where you can play werewolf, you know... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh "Der Spieler" Spillers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WHO DAT?!

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing. We need to set up a game at next year's con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Otero
United States
Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inkygirl wrote:
WAH, I was going to play Freeze on Thursday night!!! I got waylaid by an allergic reaction (& a fire truck and paramedics). :-(
Debbie

Andy said that you were going to play... I wondered what happened to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Otero
United States
Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ASHER: It was great meeting you too!

JOSH: WHO DAT back at you! We do need to try to get a game going next year.

JASON & QUINN: I really enjoyed putting these vids together... Glad you liked em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Tinkham
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's as good a place to say this - it was great seeing the videos, Toby! Thanks for making them!

(But with how many times Dana reached for the camera, you didn't include a handshot in any of them? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Iacoucci
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting those Toby and Dana. It was a pleasure to meet both of you. Teresa and I have been sitting here watching these for the past half hour reliving fond memories of our first BGG con. I didn't even realize you were taping Freeze! I was quite surprised to find myself bowling Andy and boxing! Great fun and great times!

If you guys are headed up this way - Niagara Falls - lets get together!

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Fay

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only watched the first one so far, glad we're hardly strangers anymore. Thanks for taking videos that I can now share with everybody here. nice work. Looking forward to gaming on BSW sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Otero
United States
Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ANDY: It took A TON of editing (haha)!

KEVIN: It was great meeting you too... Maybe when we do get together we can finally get that game of PR going?

DUSTIN: We are no longer strangers, my friend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toby, Sorry to hear your nerves were wracked. I hope you still had a good time. Also glad that Dana enjoyed herself in the game. If interested, we can arrange for another game at BGG Con.

There is nothing like people yelling "You are a spy!" at everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff, Toby. I'm glad you got my wife, the bowling pin, on film. Also, I'm glad you edited out the other 6 hours of that Arkham Horror game!

Thanks for posting these videos. We've had fun watching them and re-living some great moments from the con. For those who didn't attend, one thing that I don't think showed up much on the videos was the hot games area. Games like 7 Wonders, London (first edition), Navegador, and Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game were in constant play in there.

Again, thanks for posting these. I hope we'll get to see you guys before next year's con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Otero
United States
Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otscotty wrote:
one thing that I don't think showed up much on the videos was the hot games area.

You are right Scotty... I was upset when I found out that I must have deleted the "Hot Games" footage from the camera shake...

We must meet up before a whole year passes again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.