GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Traditional cardgames with non-standard deck. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm after relatively complex european cardgames for 3-5 players that are played with either with german suits, swiss suits, italian/spannish suits or french tarock suits.

I'm an active player of Slovenian Tarock (a local version of Austrian Königsrufen), which in it's 4 player variant is a partnership game where you don't know who your partner is until further in the game. It belongs in a family of point trick taking games with bidding for a contract at the start of each round. Plays with the austrian tarock deck (frech tarock with 54 cards - 21 tarocks + Fool + 8 cards in each suit). The rulesif anybody is interesed.

I am also interested in learning other middle european/continental games of similar design.

While in Bavaria the previous month I was looking at: Skat, Shaffkopf and Doppelkopf, but couldn't make up my mind a deck for which to buy (and ended up buying comic eidex. No, I am not ashamed of myself .) Any suggestions?

I'm also interested in other european card games. I hear the swiss have some weird decks. Also heard about some special deck only played in Genoa and so on.

I'm interested in relatively complex games (weighted around 3.0 - I don't want any drinking games), even baroque. Preferably with partnerships. Anybody here plays/knows about these?

(French tarot was already recommended to me and I'll check it out, it turns out I already own a 78 card tarock deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juuso Mattila
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgosaric wrote:
I'm after relatively complex european cardgames for 3-5 players that are played with either with german suits, swiss suits, italian/spannish suits or french tarock suits.

After this I was going to suggest both Skat and Doppelkopf, but as I saw that you're already aware of these I recommend them instead of mere suggesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmmm.
It's not European, but I wonder if Caravan would fall into this category.
It is a card game invented for the game Fallout: New Vegas, and each player has their own customized deck of playing cards. They can have different backs, etc.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Caravan_%28game%29

The BGG page for it is here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/83381/caravan

I may try playing this in real life soon with some friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.