Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antti Tahvanainen
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played today SdE with both expansions, one question came into mind. The Helper (exp, level 2) cannot be combined with craftsmen working with metal. I have always thought this to be because the metalworkers have so high scoring values (especially Organ maker and Clocksmith) and Helper would make the too powerful. Now, is the Helper supposed to work with Gardener, which also gives high points, but doesn't use metal?

Similar question arises with event card "One craftsman increases capacity by one, except Organmaker and Clocksmith". Can this bonus be applied to Gardener?

It just felt somehow powerful to have Gardener with capacity 3..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Potter
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gardener can indeed have the capacity raised by the Apprentice (or "helper" as you call him). It's a pretty common tactic used in my gaming group for a killer 10 points. But realize that this is no different than using a sculptor 5 times. I never thought of the event card affecting the gardener since he's only available for one round, but you're right. That would apply to him as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.