Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry George
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When a player dies in a game, do they wait till their next turn to go to the graveyard tile? Also what happens to the ghosts on the players board? If their board is full, they come back with 2 Qi tokens, roll the haunt die and loose one (happened to me when played) do they die again?

2. Neutral player option. The ghosts played on that board, do they have the normal effects or do you ignore them? If they effect the game then we should have the blue piece to move around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
badge
So this is my new overtext ? Hmmm...
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If you resurrect another player he will come back on the graveyard tile. It doesn't matter where he is lying around while dead.

The ghosts stay active. If the player is still dead although he has to loose a Qui token (dice roll, full player board), another player has to pay up. And yes, if a player manages to come back to life and is then forced to loose 2 Qi, he dies again.

2. I never play with neutral players (solo i control all of them directly) but i guess the ghosts act like in any normal game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jerry,

the rules state on page 7 (Death of a Taoist):

Quote:
A Taoist that has no more Qi is dead. All his possessions are lost (his Tao tokens, his Buddha figurines, his Yin-Yang). His figurine is placed lying, dead, on the Cemetery tile.

and then:

Quote:
His board becomes possessed (see neutral board below) and the ghosts occupying it continue to act, despite the Taoist’s death. The other players will have to suffer the effects and consequences of the ghosts on this board.

Possessed and neutral boards still have a Yin Phase (as written on page 9 in the rules):

Quote:
Yin phase for a neutral board
A neutral board’s turn is reduced to a shorter Yin phase (no step 3). There is no Yang phase, because the Taoist is dead or the player is absent. At the end of the neutral board’s Yin phase, the next player (the one after the neutral board) goes.

I hope this helps,
Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.