United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
Well, I complained about my wife the other day here on Chit Chat. Some people helpful, others were....

Well, I was just venting. Things are fine between us. I just don't feel like I have an outlet to complain about things. I don't feel that I can really talk to any of my friends. And since Chit Chat is a form of therapy for some of us, I figured I would just rant about her here.

So, anyway, thanks to everyone. It does help me look at things differently and having harsh comments does help take the blinders off my eyes sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb

I felt like some of the criticisms were a bit harsh - I mean, if you can't vent a little bit with your Chit Chat friends, where the heck are you going to vent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:

I felt like some of the criticisms were a bit harsh - I mean, if you can't vent a little bit with your Chit Chat friends, where the heck are you going to vent?

Exactly. I knew exactly where you were coming from man... Word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:
I mean, if you can't vent a little bit with your Chit Chat friends, where the heck are you going to vent?

The post office, mostly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Gola doesn't look like I had imagined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about "venting" from the top of a bell tower?

Or would that be "ventilating"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:

At the golf course or over a wargame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

Why do people keep saying that? It's BGG Con 2009 all over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Gola wrote:
KSensei wrote:

I'd saw you on a reply on someone else's facebook page. That's not very interesting, but I don't know what else to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Gola wrote:
KSensei wrote:

I'd saw you on a reply on someone else's facebook page. That's not very interesting, but I don't know what else to say.
I know I always kind of pictured him as looking sorta like Jed Clampett with brass knuckles and a few shotguns on him at all times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Gola wrote:
KSensei wrote:

Wow, in this case interesting=grammatical. I didn't know that was even possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clandaith wrote:
Well, I complained about my wife the other day here on Chit Chat. Some people helpful, others were....

Well, I was just venting. Things are fine between us. I just don't feel like I have an outlet to complain about things. I don't feel that I can really talk to any of my friends. And since Chit Chat is a form of therapy for some of us, I figured I would just rant about her here.

So, anyway, thanks to everyone. It does help me look at things differently and having harsh comments does help take the blinders off my eyes sometimes.

Look, Troy, I've been married for 22.6 years now, and I'm here to tell you, if an online forum is your best form of therapy, then while I consider that truly, truly sad, you should probably take what solace you can from wherever you can get it. I'm sorry that I responded so harshly to you in the other thread, but I seriously believe that affording any weight to this particular thoroughly-generic support group is an impediment to dealing appropriately with your marital woes. Whatever the hell they are. And believe me, I don't actually care, no matter how many times I write to you privately and beg you for the juicy details so that I can rehash them thousands of times over at my local gaming club. Which is imaginary, anyway, so no worries there, as they say. See a therapist, man. Don't use the mosh pit of Chit Chat as your parachute. If you want to thrive, that is. Unless all you want is fifty-seven pats on the back and a bunch of well-meaning strangers and casual internet acquaintances to lend you some of the least-personally-invested advice of all time. Or if all you want is for people to check out your profile, and then watch you at work chewing on a pen. Like I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude was just letting off steam, let it go.

MisterCranky wrote:
clandaith wrote:

Look, Troy, I've been married for 22.6 years now, and I'm here to tell you, if an online forum is your best form of therapy, then while I consider that truly, truly sad, you should probably take what solace you can from wherever you can get it. I'm sorry that I responded so harshly to you in the other thread, but I seriously believe that affording any weight to this particular thoroughly-generic support group is an impediment to dealing appropriately with your marital woes. Whatever the hell they are. And believe me, I don't actually care, no matter how many times I write to you privately and beg you for the juicy details so that I can rehash them thousands of times over at my local gaming club. Which is imaginary, anyway, so no worries there, as they say. See a therapist, man. Don't use the mosh pit of Chit Chat as your parachute. If you want to thrive, that is. Unless all you want is fifty-seven pats on the back and a bunch of well-meaning strangers and casual internet acquaintances to lend you some of the least-personally-invested advice of all time. Or if all you want is for people to check out your profile, and then watch you at work chewing on a pen. Like I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
clandaith wrote:

Josh you are being, not unexpectedly, overly snarky. Some people actually consider the folks here friends and actually feel like they can talk to them as friends do. There were no "giving weight" - there was simple venting which can in and of itself be helpful in some cases. If someone posted a big long detailed psychological profile complete with references to mommy not holding them enough, I would generally concur that this is NOT the place for that. But venting among friends seems perfectly OK to me.

Since you seem to be interested in psychoanalysis my suggestion is that you go to the nearest airport, opt out of the screening machine and when the TSA agent starts to pat you down, break into tears and wail "Why did my daddy not love me enough?"

Best,
Van
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These last two posts are great examples of why I'd never consider expressing my darkest marital moments with this crowd. Absolutely useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
These last two posts are great examples of why I'd never consider expressing my darkest marital moments with this crowd. Absolutely useless.

This post is why I have zero sympathy for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Oh, but Cranky, useless as we may be we love you anyway. *hugs*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dragon, I am not calling out any individual (well, except for Van, whose reading comprehension is almost demonstrably impaired, at best) in Chit Chat. Mr. Clandaith went right out on the limb and said he couldn't talk to any of his friends (I know, the italics are mine, but I'm lending them out), but that since some folks use Chit Chat as therapy, he'd give it a shot. Doesn't this imply (it does to me) that the denizens of Chit Chat are not people that he considers his friends? Didn't Vandemonium then completely gloss over that detail, as only a truly excellent clown might? Labeling my comments as "snark" is a fabulous way to discount them, and deprive them of any actual meaning that I may have wished to impart, and Peter pointlessly telling me to "let it go" after I have already made whatever point I felt the need to make? These are just minor examples of the sort of amateur good will and analytical prowess that are to be found in the public pages of an online hobbyist forum. If Clandaith takes solace from such, that is obviously his right. Just because for some beret-wearing yentas in the wilds of gamerland As the World Turns is not as compelling as this forum, I should not be castigated merely because I seek to direct those needing actual lasting assistance to a more capable source. And, for any who might wonder, I am 100% aware that my advice in this matter carries no more weight than anything else one is likely to find in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Cranky's prattle

It must be wonderful to be so full of yourself. You must have such satisfaction at being unfailingly correct about everything - and being able to impart your judgement with such colorful detail. Perhaps my reading ability is impaired (I am admittedly rather far from perfect) but you sir, despite your inerrancy, continue to be utterly tone deaf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:

It must be wonderful to be so full of yourself. You must have such satisfaction at being unfailingly correct about everything - and being able to impart your judgement with such colorful detail. Perhaps my reading ability is impaired (I am admittedly rather far from perfect) but you sir, despite your inerrancy, continue to be utterly tone deaf.

Oh you poor, wounded little bird. Did they stuff you and eat you today? Is that why you are in the mood for a flame war? I'm sooooo sorry that I disrespected your ability to provide exactly the sort of support another human being might need--you're obviously as pure and selfless as the driven slush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

Oh you poor, wounded little bird. Did they stuff you and eat you today? Is that why you are in the mood for a flame war? I'm sooooo sorry that I disrespected your ability to provide exactly the sort of support another human being might need--you're obviously as pure and selfless as the driven slush.

The Lions lost (how many defensive errors can you make)-leave him alone you big meanie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
You are all pretty princesses..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, the irony of it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nnf1 wrote:

The Lions lost (how many defensive errors can you make)-leave him alone you big meanie!

I sent Blott a special thread exemption. He is the only one qualified around here to be therapeutic, anyway. Go, Browns!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky Really pisses me off. He just drives me nuts. We've been on BGG for almost 5 years and I'm just going crazy. I don't know what to do. Grr....

I'm just venting. Obviously theres more to it then just this. I'm just really mad at him right now and don't know what to do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.