Ploy» Forums » General

Subject: I really loved playing this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
flag msg tools
I really loved playing this game. I used to play it over at our cousin's house when we were kids. He was the oldest of us all and he must have gotten this for a birthday or Christmas. We used to play this as teams most of the time. I was several years younger than almost all of the other players, so I think I lost every game I played. But, that didn't stop me from loving this game.

It was spaceships at war (this was before Star Wars). They were like the saucer part of a Federation ship from Star Trek. Heck, Spock was on the front cover! They were the ITC TV show UFOs come to life on a game board. This wasn't was full scale war in space we were playing. I remember playing as a team member or playing it as a cut-throat four way galactic bash.

Oh, those inscrutable angles! Oh, the agony of deciding whether to rotate or move! When the shields became depleted and the probes were starting to be destroyed, it was a real crisis. The power of the lances zipping across the board for a kill was just awesome.

I remember this game. I loved this game.

I might just do a print and play and see if my kids like it or not. If they do, I'll buy one. I sure hope they like it.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.