Popular Tags: [View All]
George Vriese
United States
Newberg
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy at my local thrift store yesterday. Luckily I noticed two hover tanks and one control marker outside the box on the shelf and on the floor, but when I sat down at home to check the content I found I'm missing one patriot, one control marker and one laser marker.

The laser marker is not a problem as there are at most 12 laser complexes and all markers will be picked up after their firing phase so there should never be more than 11 marker on the board.

The missing patriot is also not a big deal. I should be able to find a stand-in figure pretty easily and paint it if I really feel like it.

What I'm wondering about is the number of control markers. The box and rulebook list 90 control/battle markers. I have 29 blue markers, 35 yellow markers, and 25 red markers for a total of 89. Should there be an even distribution of 30/30/30? Or is there a reason for the slightly different count? Should I have 30 blue markers, or 36 yellow markers or 26 red markers?

How may control markers does your copy have for each invading faction?

Doei!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason V
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:How many control/battle markers for each invader?
35 Yellow, 30 Blue, and 25 Red (90 Total) is probably the correct number.

Not having even numbers for each invader isn't a problem, because: You'll use a LOT more Yellow (Western/Pacific Invader) markers than Blue (Southern Invader), and more Blue than Red (Eastern Euro Invader) markers because of the density of the American defenders -- e.g., the Yellow hordes can sweep deep inland through mostly non- or lightly defended rural areas while the Reds have to slog though densely populated and defended urban centers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.