Subject: CTA, Epic, Troll and dice on FFG:s Christmas sale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diaper
Sweden
stockholm
flag msg tools
So,

cta, epic, and the troll expansion are all on the FFG sale.

What do you make of that?

FFG trying to get rid of all the cta copies before they release their own base set where cta is included?

No more suport for epic bl?

Etc, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Johnson
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was interesting to see Battlelore stuff on sale. No clue why however I had all the stuff on sale but did score an extra set of dice just in case.

Thanks FFG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. I just recently bought Battlelore on ebay for a good price and figure I can't pass up this deal to get Epic Battlelore and Call to Arms as well. Now to find someone to play it with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bollen wrote:

What do you make of that?

I stopped thinking I could figure out what FFG was doing with this game by reading between the lines of announcements long ago. All I make of this is that $5 for any of these (yes, even Troll & Country ) is a very good deal. Worth it for me to pick up a 2nd copy of Call to Arms. I had figured this would be an obsolete expansion after the release of Horrific Horde, Bearded Brave, and Code of Chivalry, but that is not the case...yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Hard to guess what it means. Though only the DOW stock is on sale so it is possible they are just clearing out the old to make room for the new.

I just grabbed an extra set of dice, though I have more than I need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Fed
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a set of dice as the paint on my set is starting to disappear. How much is the shipping?

It seems like I should get Epic, but I don't know if I will ever have the time to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Carter
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know if you guys had been paying attention or not. This announcement kind of snuck under most radars. But BattleLore is officially out of print. Like just trying to clear last stock. I think their huge sale on the FFG website was basically a clearance sale of out of print items.
Something odd to me though, the Twilight Imperium expansion Shattered Empire is out of print, but TI3 is not, and no forseeable plans to end it's print run. The designer says that the expansion completes his design intents, so why would the printing stop? It's incomplete without it to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artimage wrote:
I don't know if you guys had been paying attention or not. This announcement kind of snuck under most radars. But BattleLore is officially out of print. Like just trying to clear last stock. I think their huge sale on the FFG website was basically a clearance sale of out of print items.
Something odd to me though, the Twilight Imperium expansion Shattered Empire is out of print, but TI3 is not, and no forseeable plans to end it's print run. The designer says that the expansion completes his design intents, so why would the printing stop? It's incomplete without it to me.

What sneaking under the radar? BattleLore has been officially out of print for over 2 years. It was sold to FFG by DOW and FFG has never reprinted it.

The sale was on all the DOW stock they had left over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian T. Petersen
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artimage wrote:

Shattered Empires is not OOP. It may be out of stock occasionally, but it is not OOP.

cP
FFG

edit: Spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do you guys think FFG will make a new core set with new rules.

Thinking of getting Battle Lore core, but if FFG releases something better or more up to date to tie in with new expansions.... i could wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Carter
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I actually just got the core set from my DTSS. Even if FFG makes a new core set, I don't see it varying too far, and I really like the work DOW did. It would be worth both, most likely. And if FFG does make new, I don't expect it will be for another few years yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.