Hide
9 Posts

Jaipur» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the most expensive objet rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
msg tools
In the book, it says that you need a minimum of 2 cards to buy diamond, gold or silver.

Does this mean that its impossible to receive only one token for this marchandise?

EX : I give 2 diamond cards, I receive 2 tokens....or I give 2 cards for one token...

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Devilix wrote:
In the book, it says that you need a minimum of 2 cards to buy diamond, gold or silver.

Does this mean that its impossible to receive only one token for this marchandise?

Yes.

Quote:
I give 2 diamond cards, I receive 2 tokens

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Devilix wrote:

EX : I give 2 diamond cards, I receive 2 tokens....or I give 2 cards for one token...

thanks

Correct, the rule applies even if there is only one goods token of a given type left.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devilix wrote:

It is impossible except when there is only one token left, in which case you still have to pay two goods (cards) but you only get one token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
msg tools
That's what I tought but I was not sure. thanks for the quick help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Crescent City
Northern California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Olson
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
FabienC wrote:
Devilix wrote:

It is impossible except when there is only one token left, in which case you still have to pay two goods (cards) but you only get one token.

Is there an official interpretation of this rule? Both alternatives are reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is there an official interpretation of this rule? Both alternatives are reasonable.

At the bottom of the page titled "Sell Cards" it states:

"When selling the 3 most expensive goods (diamonds, gold, and silver), the sale must include a minimum of 2 cards. (This rule applies even if there is only one goods token of a given type left.)

The parenthetical comment seems to clarify the question.

Also, under Reminders and Notes one comment states in part:

"Sometimes there are fewer tokens available than cards during a sale."

This reminder is talking about getting bonus tiles, but it reinforces that there will be sales where there are fewer tokens than cards being sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carlj wrote:
FabienC wrote:
Devilix wrote:

I can guarantee that my interpretation is right. I personnaly know the author and have been taught the game by him, and have played several games against him (and have lost every single one of them )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.