Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Davis
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just posted and, hopefully, it'll be approved (and soon). Here's the details:

Twilight Struggle Deluxe Edition! Player's Aid v4.7
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34716

This update incorporates a number of new features, significant cosmetic changes and is designed to accompany a video tutorial series available on YouTube (see link below):

Changes (v4.7):

- added new Headline Track
- added revised Random Number generator
- added new Realignment Roll & Coup Attempt Probability section (click SUMMARY button)
- added new Die Roll Frequency table w/ chart to Calculations worksheet
- added ability to redeal Cards if desired (ex. 2 Scoring Cards dealt in opening Card Hand)
- added pop-up window for die rolling that shows die roll, modifiers and result
- updated game logging to indicate modified die rolls
- updated FAQ section to correct Formosan Resolution re: Final Scoring
- modified Quick Start section re: sequencing during Initial Setup
- used a more scalable font (Tahoma), where applicable, for all worksheets (more consistent display under Windows 7)
- updated Instructions worksheet due to cosmetic changes

I'd like to express my great appreciation to Stephen Allen (some_guy) for his mathematic work on the Realignment Roll probability section. In addition, I'd also like to thank Ken Watson (The Archon) for his time and effort explaining probability to me and also providing a very valuable Realignment Roll probability document that can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/59670

Lastly, I'd like to acknowledge Ken Watson (The Archon) and Scott Pagliaroni (spags) for their time spent play-testing and providing valuable feedback.

Twilight Struggle Player's Aid - Video Tutorial:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/3199

If you have any questions, encounter any issues or would like to provide feedback, don't hesitate to contact me. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The words 'players aid' or something in the title would be helpful. I had no idea what you were talking about until right at the end of the message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davis
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShallowThought wrote:
The words 'players aid' or something in the title would be helpful. I had no idea what you were talking about until right at the end of the message.

Good point. I can't see a way to change the thread name, however, I'll edit my text accordingly. Having said that, it appears the "mystery" of finding out what this was all about resulted in at least one person actually reading the entire e-mail. If only I could do something similiar at work ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
I only see version 4.6 on the download page.

Is 4.7 available, or is 4.6 the latest/greatest?

Thanks for doing this, it is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davis
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neumannium wrote:
I only see version 4.6 on the download page.

Is 4.7 available, or is 4.6 the latest/greatest?

Thanks for doing this, it is awesome!

You're welcome! I've posted it, however, it still needs to be approved by the BGG admins. Currently, it is pending approval. I'll post in the General forum once it has been officially released. Hopefully, any day now ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.