GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,176 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: titles and supports question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
For Titles that supports one another, are the players playing (during Challenging) at the expense of their own cards, or of the other person's cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
For Titles that supports one another, are the players playing (during Challenging) at the expense of their own cards, or of the other person's cards?

I think you mean does the original defender satisfy claim or do you?

From the rulebook, page 16: "If your characters defend a challenge in support of another player, you are considered the winner (or loser, depending on the results) of the challenge, but the original target
of the challenge is still responsible for any claim that would need to be resolved. (If the attacker wins, the player for whom you have declared defenders will still have to deal with the challenge’s claim.)"

If you lose when you support another player, that player must satisfy claim (by killing a character, discarding, or losing power) not you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
danach81 wrote:
charlesting wrote:

I think you mean does the original defender satisfy claim or do you?

From the rulebook, page 16: "If your characters defend a challenge in support of another player, you are considered the winner (or loser, depending on the results) of the challenge, but the original target
of the challenge is still responsible for any claim that would need to be resolved. (If the attacker wins, the player for whom you have declared defenders will still have to deal with the challenge’s claim.)"

If you lose when you support another player, that player must satisfy claim (by killing a character, discarding, or losing power) not you.

sounds like there's nothing at all to gain nor to lose for the one(s) who supports another. If you win a challenge, great; otherwise, that player'll just feel scr*wed by you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørn Erik Lømo
Norway
Haslum
flag msg tools
mb
Also, some cards have responses to winning or losing challenges, like martell with all their responses to losing (put venomous blade back into shadows, kill someone with areo hotah) or stark's Dubious Loyalties to steal a character off the attacker, or just the Make an Example event to win a defense and take 3 power.

Lots of options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And that is why I love this game, so many options, so much strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
card texts looks pretty straightforward to me...i guess the more complicated aspect of the game should be the supports part eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No it isn't really that, it is recognizing that certain cards work best in situations that are not obvious. That there is a fair amount of strategy and deceit involved about who to attack, in what order and with which challenge, when to form, and break, alliances, etc. It is like chess in that it doesn't take long to grasp how the pieces move, but how they interact, and your ability to read, or manipulate your opponent, or plan ahead, completely changes the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
SJBenoist wrote:
charlesting wrote:
card texts looks pretty straightforward to me...i guess the more complicated aspect of the game should be the supports part eh?

Say what?

correction: i mean this game involves A LOT of thinking--pure strategies? Not as simple as it seemingly explained in the rulebook/video review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.