Subject: Power Station and Bank rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric VB
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I place a Bank adjacent to a Power Station, do I take the Bank tile action (swap the token) or not? I played this recently in a game and the other players didn't let me swap the token, arguing that the Power Station locks in my own token on the Bank tile once I had played it.

What is the rule? I can think of 3 possible outcomes:

1) You may not place a Bank tile adjacent to a Power Station, since you cannot take the Bank action

2) You may place a Bank tile adjacent to a Power Station, but you may not take the action.

3) You may place a Bank tile adjacent to a Power Station, and take the action. The token is "locked in" after the play is made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Keith
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Clouseau2 wrote:
If I place a Bank adjacent to a Power Station, do I take the Bank tile action (swap the token) or not? I played this recently in a game and the other players didn't let me swap the token, arguing that the Power Station locks in my own token on the Bank tile once I had played it.

What is the rule? I can think of 3 possible outcomes:

2) You may place a Bank tile adjacent to a Power Station, but you may not take the action.

This one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you place a Bank next to a Power Station you start by placing your token on the Bank, then you attempt to swap the token, which the power station prevents; this is the only time I've found it is worth playing the 2 point bank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.