Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
My daughter's sixth grade class is studying Ancient Egypt for the next few weeks and I offered to teach the students how to play Ra as an end-of-unit activity on the last two days before they go to winter break.

I'm no expert on Ancient Egypt, so I'm looking for some help connecting the artwork and theme to the real or mythological counterparts. I'm not talking about whether the theme is pasted on here, I'm looking for the artistic inspiration for the tiles and board since I know little or nothing about Egyptian monuments, gods, heiroglyphics and art.

I've created a geeklist which will eventually include my notes on items, but I'd love your help and corrections and insight. My hope is to create materials for all of the students to review the unit, and to create some enrichment materials or activities for the students who are ready for an additional challenge or ultra-interested in Ancient Egypt to explore. If you can point me to any resources I could share with students, I would appreciate it greatly. My goal is to have these resources assembled by December 10th.

I will also be teaching the game, so if you have suggestions for teaching Ra to 11- and 12-year-olds, I would love to hear them. I run a week long game camp for high schoolers, so I'm familiar with all of the standard 'splaining skills, but I'd love to hear Ra-specific (or middle school specific) tips.

Please leave your specific ideas and suggestions on the geeklist. If you have general comments or questions, this is a great place for those.

When I'm done with all of this, I will put together a new geeklist with the "lesson plans" for what we did and any resources that are created in the process. I'll use this space to update my progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve N
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great. I'm a teacher myself. Good luck!

(subscribed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.