Subject: 2 doubts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys I have two questions to which I would like your views:

1. I already agricola, stone age and age of empires 3, and all we like very much ... I'm undecided whether to take well pillars of the earth and/or world without end, but I'm afraid that then I would have too many similar games ... what you tell me? (bear in mind that we are almost always 3 people)

2. I would so buy cosmic encounter but I read that in 3 is not very nice ... and we are almost always in 3 ... What do you recommend?

Thanks to everyone who will answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer 1. but for 2 Cosmic is fine with 3; it's just better with more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
thanks for your answer .. I hope that others think like you, so I convince myself to buy cosmic! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree about Cosmic. Works fine with 3, but better with more. Pillars is good with 3. Haven't played World Without End...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dowden
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pillars of the Earth will play well with 3 as will World Without End - which will be a little bit less like some of the worker placement games you already have.

If you are almost always in 3 I'd recommend God's Playground. It is very different from the games you already have and it is 3 player only. I like it very much - but it is...random (lots of die rolling) and different in that you have to play somewhat together to defend Poland but you need to place your own interests above the other players.

If you are set on Pillars or WWE I personally like Pillars MUCH better....but both are good games. If you like Stone Age chances are you'll like Pillars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone for the answers!
I heard that pillars is very similar to the stone age, instead, world without end has a different mechanics, if so I prefer to take WWE for not having too many similar games like

about cosmic encounter, recommended even 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
i would not recommend cosmic. i think this game needs at least 4 players. with just three there is too few interactivity and the interactivity is what makes cosmic such a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
in three players you lose any interactivity? in the rules there is a variation that says to use 4 planets and conquer 2 colonies to win and is used for when you play in a few ... Even so plays well in 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
cosmis is about alliance-building and cajoling. with just three players this aspect falls a bit flst.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

1> Pillars is good with 3. I would get the 5-6 player expansion- it works perfectly well with fewer players and makes the game more complex and interesting.

2> Cosmic Encounter is OK with 3, but much better with 4 or 5.

-R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
but not pillars is a bit too similar to stone age? Perhaps world without end is different

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd skip Pillars, for sure. Haven't played the sequel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.