Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Brimer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi this game looks very good, but I was wondering about the layout for 3 and 4 player games. Why is it not possible to just allow each player to have their decks to the side and then build their worlds off to the side of their deck? You could also put all the stacks of cards more in the middle of the table. Then they could table their species a bit easier in front of them. There would be not as much confusion for me with trying to remember which row is whose as well. Just wondering if there is a reason why this wouldn't be possible in the rules.

Can't wait to try this one out.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Aligierski
Poland
flag msg tools
bosefasaurus wrote:
Hi this game looks very good, but I was wondering about the layout for 3 and 4 player games. Why is it not possible to just allow each player to have their decks to the side and then build their worlds off to the side of their deck? You could also put all the stacks of cards more in the middle of the table. Then they could table their species a bit easier in front of them. There would be not as much confusion for me with trying to remember which row is whose as well. Just wondering if there is a reason why this wouldn't be possible in the rules.

Bob

After your first play yow will see that "world" takes so much place that it wouldn't be neither elegant, nor convinient to let each player build it in front of themselves. You will need a really big table for that. I played 3-p game with suggested by the rules layout and it was easy enough - two players on one side of the table, one on the other... The trick is that players sit shoulder-to-shoulder in pairs...

I'm tired and writing in foreign language - what I just wrote might have no sense - in simple words - don't try to be smart, play by the rules and by the suggested layout...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Rantala
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
bosefasaurus wrote:

Bob

Yes, you can do it your way if you have a big table as Rudolf suggested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Brimer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies. I will try it as written but I do have a nice sized table we play on so I will try both. Again thanks for the fast responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Rantala
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
bosefasaurus wrote:
Thank you for the replies. I will try it as written but I do have a nice sized table we play on so I will try both. Again thanks for the fast responses.

It would be great to see that nice sized table with the cards as you play/have played with that spread version of a play style cool It would be great, if you can Bob!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.