GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,471 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving true hostile hex with no enemy ships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for conformation on a rules question regarding movement.

Can a ship with movement 2 move true the first hex if the planet in that hex has enemy ground units and a PDS on it? (no enemy ships).

Page 11 in the rulebook suggests that you can as long as there are no enemy ships there. Are we playing this right?

Rulebook:
"A ship is never allowed to move through a system occupied by enemy ships (except Fighters). The only way to enter a system that contains enemy ships is to activate that system itself."

--> What do you guys think?

Tnx for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ter Ter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have the rulebook quated right.
You can move through enemy system that has just GF,PDS or SD there, but no enemy ships.
Fighters block movement just with Advanced Fighters Technology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume you mean through and not true. I'm not commenting this to clarify for others who may also be initially confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth pointing out, also, that moving THROUGH a system with PDS in it does not trigger PDS fire. Unless the PDS can shoot into the destination (activated) hex, it cannot shoot at the ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tnx for the clarification all and excuse my poor English I meant "through"

TerTer wrote:
You have the rulebook quated right.
You can move through enemy system that has just GF,PDS or SD there, but no enemy ships.
Fighters block movement just with Advanced Fighters Technology.

There was some debate within our group how to play this but I figured it was meant like this.

sigmazero13 wrote:
It's worth pointing out, also, that moving THROUGH a system with PDS in it does not trigger PDS fire. Unless the PDS can shoot into the destination (activated) hex, it cannot shoot at the ships.

Did not know that, tnx for pointing that out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
TerTer is correct. Only ships block movement (FT only with Advanced Fighters.) You can move freely through hexes with enemy controlled planets, just not with ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.