Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally Finished!

Due to it 110MB size I cannot upload it here on BGG (5-7 MB Limit). Its 5 parts can be downloaded at TheZombieGame.com

It can aslo be downloaded here:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U8FW8Z8C

FAQ Thread http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thread-Stories-of-the-Un...

WARNING: This is a lot of content to take in so incorporate them slowly!

Here's what you get below! 12 page full-color, diagrammatic rulebook included!

4 New Boards
Two-Story Defensive Structures
A comprehensive Fire System featuring 100+ unique Chits
A New Scenario
Woodinvale Woods Areas
A gorgeous 12 page Rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frederico lacerda
Brazil
flag msg tools
Re: 4 Boards in the Making
what do you use to design and make these new boards? I want to do some too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 4 Boards in the Making
No template.

I measured everything I needed and drew them up in AutoCAD. When finalized I'll export linework to scale and render in Photoshop with my tablet and try to match the style as close as possible.

Sorry, that's probably no help to you though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frederico lacerda
Brazil
flag msg tools
Re: 4 Boards in the Making (Need Help)
to ascend to the second floor, this +5, the zombie is to cross a barricade and go to second? or just go to the second floor?
on the second floor, if there is nothing blocking the passage, would be like to walk normally.
now if you have a barricade, use the rules of the game on barricades.

show how it was when finished.

I was thinking of doing 2 L board using a prison.
or make a shoping, using a full board game, it would be very cool.
use larger constructions, and work in separate rooms(different pickups as well as can be Taken Over separately), as you say you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 4 Boards in the Making (Need Help)
How are you putting the second floor on the board? Are you overlaying it on the first floor somehow, or maybe putting in on its own 4 spaces on the board? If it's the former, how do you distinguish between a model being on the first or 2nd floor? If it's the latter, can models still occupy the open ground that should otherwise be those 4 spaces? Or perhaps you will have it separate from the board like the sewer?

I assume heroes can shoot out of the second floor windows.

You could use foam board and toothpicks or just legos to create a 3D building, but then you'd have problems with the first floor being obscured from view.

Another thought. Overlaying the floors may be the way to go. This way, the building doesn't occupy any more spaces of the board, which makes figuring out range and LoS easier. What you could do graphically is make it look like the cross-section of a peach (the fruit). Draw lines in the pit to give it four squares, and that is your upper floor. The flesh of the peach surrounds the pit, and is also segmented into 4 sections. That is the first floor.

In this way, you can keep the different floors separate, yet occupying the same space for LoS and Range purposes. See crude graphic below.

[-----------]
[11111111111]
W11111111111W
[11112222111]
[11112222111]
D111SSS22111D
[11112222111]
[11112222111]
W11111111111W
[11111111111]
[-----------]

The 1's represent first floor space and the 2's represent second floor space. The 'D' is a door, the 'W' a window, and the 'S' is a staircase. You then use walls/doors to partition these as you like. The way they are aligned allows a model on one level to naturally reach the other floors on that level. You can create a stair case or something that is the only way a hero can get to the second floor. Maybe that's where the shotguns and chainsaws are kept.... ;-)

I think it may also be similar to the manor house layout, if you imagine the 4 center squares of it actually represent the 2nd floor.

Cool idea, Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My (Not so) Mini Expansion
Updated Thread. I've got everything figured out with and pics are included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow!

This is incredible! I can't wait to see the files! Great idea and it looks good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're shooting from the second floor, I wonder what bonuses/penalties should apply. Perhaps you should get a +1 bonus to the weapon's range, but a -1 penalty to it's die roll to hit. So a revolver would have a range of 4, but require a 5 or 6 to hit. It would only be out of ammo on a natural 1, though.

Same thing could apply to throwing dynamite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biodiesel

You're on the right track, I already have something like that planned. I'm on the fence between two options for the ruling, and one of those options was exactly what you said.

I updated the 2nd image of the "completed" parking lot. It is searchable, and I already have pick up abilities set, but I won't post them until later.

I'm still uncertain about whether or not to put a sewer pipe in the parking lot.

I don't have SoTF so I'm not sure how they work. Getting a free sewer token may be too powerful, so if you know the ruling on those please let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The artstyle looks amazing. Can't wait to try this out once it's done.

I would not make a free sewer token. What they do is, they allow you to instantly travel from one point to the other - and you decide both points. Once they're placed, they stay where they are, but... yeah., I'd say they are too powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgweasel wrote:
The Woods & Fire
Also included are "woods" which may catch fire during certain attacks and rules for it spreading around and affecting hero as well as zombies. Tokens for these will also come as a print out.

Thanks. I'll take your word for it as I've seen you post quite often and I trust your judgment.

Quote:
It's worth noting that Invasion from Outer Space, the new Flying Frog game running on the Last Night on Earth "engine," has (excellent) Fire rules and tokens that can be used in LNoE, as well. You may wanna check them out before reinventing the wheel.

Thanks also. I had no idea. I'll definatly check it out.

EDITI've checked the IoOS fire and its quite actually close to what I was messing around with.

I'm going to try and render a board a week so expect a larger update this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dohrn Jr
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brichs wrote:

I would not make a free sewer token. What they do is, they allow you to instantly travel from one point to the other - and you decide both points. Once they're placed, they stay where they are, but... yeah., I'd say they are too powerful.

What if it wasn't a two-way system as the official ones are? Perhaps label it "Storm Drain" to differentiate, and have it be a one-way escape, perhaps to a random board section or building? Kinda reminiscent of "Secret Passage" from ATOE? I think as long as Zombies were able to use it as well (imagine zombies just popping up randomly after feeding themselves down the storm drain?) I don't think that would be too over-powered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
worldmaggot wrote:
Brichs wrote:

What if it wasn't a two-way system as the official ones are? Perhaps label it "Storm Drain" to differentiate, and have it be a one-way escape, perhaps to a random board section or building? Kinda reminiscent of "Secret Passage" from ATOE? I think as long as Zombies were able to use it as well (imagine zombies just popping up randomly after feeding themselves down the storm drain?) I don't think that would be too over-powered.

Yeah, you could roll a random board+random building...that could be fun. But I think it should have a cost of some sort. It's a bit too easy to escape using that, I think. It's almost impossible to follow a Hero who escaped to that boardspace, if you had to roll randomly every turn.

Either have a corresponding storm drain on one of your other L-boards, or create a token for the exit. Then you can escape, but you can still be pursued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 L board completed (basically) with a nice cramp in my hand. I was pushing for a board a week, but my hand may need a break. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps I'll start on the rules manual for a break. I'll post some close ups tomorrow.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Walton
United Kingdom
Cannock
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is just awesome! Keep it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 1 Board Done!
Wow, these really look good. You've really hit the right graphic tone. Good job!

I can't wait to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.

This week has been real busy and started pretty late with this board. It most likely won't get finished over the weekend but sometime next week. This is the sawmill and it still needs a lot of work, but I'm debating on whether or not extra movement should occur going up the conveyor belt should happen. I'm also debating whether or not to include the "woodchipper" as a special square where you could toss a zombie into it or not.

I already have some ideas about rules for it but let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

SAWMILL COMPLETE---------------------------------------

That's 2 down and 2 more to go! ( and some new tokens too ). I probably won't start anything for another week due to the holidays. Cheers.

Oh, and sorry about it being upside down, but I realized that I'm rendering them backwards compared to the original FFP boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 2 Boards Done!
Jesus, they look awesome. Very, very good job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 2 Boards Done!
Thanks guys

After a few days holiday break I'm back on the job, and here's the latest progress shot from the 3rd board. This is the fire station and part of it is still subject to change, but as you can see it features a second story and a collapsed garage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 3 Boards Done!
Moved to Variants by OP's request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 3 Boards Done!
Residence is done. The 4th and final one complete!

I'm working on the rules for the 2 story buildings, as well as fire rules and tokens. I've looked at IFoS's fire rules and that isn't what I'm going for.

I need a name for my expansion to go on the cover of my booklet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My (namless(help?)) Expansion - All 4 Boards Done! - Rules are coming...
Hmm, the "official" expansions released so far have somewhat ominous names, so I guess you'd want that for yours as well.

The one I made (but still hasn't got permission from Jason to post) was called Risk & Reward, and the ones by
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
were just called what they were... suntrack deck, zombie hero abilities & outdoor encounters.

So there's loads of options, depending on what you want.
You could just call it "The two-story expansion", seeing as this is mainly focused on the two-storied L-boards - but that's a really clunky and boring name.

So, more "Cinematic" names...
Last Night on Earth: Rising Up
Last Night on Earth: Tides of Death
Last Night on Earth: Stories of the Apocalypse (see what I did there?)

I'll try and think of more while at work today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, very nice. I'm better at art than english.

Last Night on Earth: Stories of the Apocalypse is awesome... I dunno if you can top that, but please do try!

As for permission to post, is that out of courtesy for Jason or is that actually legal stuff? I've seen some threads on copywrite issues, and I think I'd be in the clear. I was still going to send it to FFP anyway because they made a great game.

The only thing I might have trouble with is I reused the grass tiles ( and a few things like trash cans, etc...), but that was so it would blend in better when used with the original boards.

Thanks for the input though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D153453D wrote:
lol, very nice. I'm better at art than english.

Last Night on Earth: Stories of the Apocalypse is awesome... I dunno if you can top that, but please do try!:D

As for permission to post, is that out of courtesy for Jason or is that actually legal stuff? I've seen some threads on copywrite issues, and I think I'd be in the clear. I was still going to send it to FFP anyway because they made a great game.

The only thing I might have trouble with is I reused the grass tiles ( and a few things like trash cans, etc...), but that was so it would blend in better when used with the original boards.

Thanks for the input though!

No, what happened with me was that I'd used art (blank card templates) from the game, and then put it up on artscow for sale. He asked me to remove it. Yours shouldn't be a problem :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.