Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help me find this game, PLEASE. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Sumo
msg tools
I am trying to locate a game that i grew up playing with my grandmother. I beleive the name is Coufre. The spelling is probably not correct but i beleive she bought it in Canada, and the game was of French origin(I could be wrong). But the premise of the game was to gain a certain amount of points 1500-2000. It was probably a 6 player games. You accumalated points by collecting cards from the deck. The game was modeled as if you were a car speeding, and the points were the speed you accumalated. The other players tried to stop you with speed limit cards, flat tire, accident, and something else i cant remember. But there were 4 special cards in the deck that made you immune to a specific hinderance (Fire truck prevented other players from hitting your with speed limits, etc). If you did not get a special card you needed a remedy in order to gain points again. I beleive it was made by Milton Bradley but i cant remember. I have tried multiple venues to gain information and someone suggested this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mille Bornes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
Mille Bornes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Zagieboylo
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game you are remembering is almost certainly Mille Bornes. I also played the 1971 version with my grandma when I was little. It's not an incredibly deep game by any stretch, but I guess it's good for teaching little kids to add! Parker Brothers (later Hasbro) has reprinted it any number of times, so you should be able to find it now that you know the proper name!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

And in case you don't recognize the name, it's also been produced as:
1000 Bornes
1000 HITOS
1000 Kilometer
1000 Kilometers
1000 kilometros
1000 KM
1000 Meilen
1000 Miles
El As de la Carretera
Fast and Furious
Michael Schumacher Formel 1 - Gib Gas!
Mil Millas
Millemiglia
millemiglia
Ruta
La Ruta del Fantasma
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:

Fixed that for you. Fyi, the word(s) you are looking for are Coup fourre! (with an accent on that last e, which I don't know how to make because I'm insufficiently international). And your question answered in three minutes. Nicely done Jeremiah.

By the way, if you want to buy it online, the latest edition can be found at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Winning-Moves-1034-Collectors-Edition/...

Welcome to the 'Geek Shawn.

p.s. I love this game. My family used to play this 4 player all the time growing up on vacation when we spent two weeks in a cabin with no t.v. It was great. Fond memories of this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Sumo
msg tools
AMAZING! To be honest i didnt expect such a prompt response or the ansewr to my problem. You have made my day. Thanks to all for the response. I will place an order through Amazon.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn731 wrote:
AMAZING! To be honest i didnt expect such a prompt response or the ansewr to my problem. You have made my day. Thanks to all for the response. I will place an order through Amazon.

Thanks again.

This is a bit of a thing around here - folks pride themselves in rapid identification of a game from descriptions. Sometimes, it's pretty amazing how quickly someone can produce an answer from the dustbins of their mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
snicholson wrote:
This is a bit of a thing around here - folks pride themselves in rapid identification of a game from descriptions. Sometimes, it's pretty amazing how quickly someone can produce an answer from the dustbins of their mind.

And at three minutes, we're really slacking. SERIOUSLY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
snicholson wrote:

Yeah, we need to go back and drill the fundamentals. Sloppy, sloppy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
Verkisto wrote:
snicholson wrote:

Yeah, we need to go back and drill the fundamentals. Sloppy, sloppy.

He posted during lunch. Sometimes people look away while chewing their food. I'm impressed that he remember the coup foure all these years later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
Yeah, we need to go back and drill the fundamentals.

Are you volunteering to produce a new series of videos, Scott?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.