Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(This is killing me)

Here it is, countersheets and boards inventoried. I have very few (if any) of the game boxes. Also included is a bag of counters that have fallen off the countersheets as well as a bunch of shimano/plano compartmentalized storage containers holding the counters that are punched and used to play some of the simpler scenarios. I also have at least 1.5 game boxes full of small coin envelopes that contain 5/8" armor and ordnance counters.

The condition of all unpunched sheets is clean; those in the containers are obviously used, but not much so. Some are clipped, nearly all are not.

I cannot say for certain anything punched and not on a sheet is in the containers/coin envelopes, but it is very likely they are, so I would say the collection is "complete" for what it represents. I just cannot guarantee it. I think you have to see this to appreciate it, and I may take some photos. To wit:

UNPUNCHED/COMPLETE COUNTERSHEETS:
ASL Hedgerow Hell AFV Card Counters (8702031/32)

ASL LC & Caves Gung Ho! (8233035/36)
ASL Chinese MMC & SW Gung Ho! (8233023/24)
ASL Chinese Vehicles & Ordnance (8233029/28)
ASL Misc. Chinese, US & Markers (8233031/32)

ASL Japanese SW & Misc. Code of Bushido (8232035/36)
ASL Japanese Vehicles & Ordnance Code of Bushido (8232031/32)
ASL Japanese Infantry Code of Bushido (8232029/28)

Doomed Battalions Ordnance
Doomed Battalions Armor
"DB-halfinch" countersheet

ASL Pegasus Bridge (8240031/32)

Hollow Legions Infantry (HL01)
Hollow Legions Ordnance/SW (HL02)
ASL Hollow Legions Vehicles (HL03)

Kampfgruppe Peiper II Sheet #3 (8238035/36)

ASL US Vehicles & Ordnance Yanks (8224035/36)

A BRIDGE TOO FAR:
ab2f-01 through ab2f-08, unpunched/complete

PARTIAL/INCOMPLETE COUNTERSHEETS:
(It's very likely that I have all the counters in associated Shimano/Plano containers or small brown coin envelopes, but I cannot nor will I verify the completeness of any partially punched countersheets. The game moved together as a unit, so it's very likely the punched counters are in there.)
Kampfgruppe Peiper II Sheet #1 (8238031/32)
Kampfgruppe Peiper II Sheet #2 (8238027/28)

ASL US Boats/Aircraft Yanks (8224019/20)

ASL British Ordnance West of Alamein (8228035/36)

MOUNTED BOARDS:
1-4 (seem to be from the original Squad Leader, but I can't tell), 9-11, 16-41, 44, 45 (35 mounted boards total count)
Deluxe ASL Mounted boards: a through h

UNMOUNTED BOARDS:
Red Barricades (8231043), Red Barricades (8231041)
A Bridge Too Far (SSR CG4)
Pegasus Bridge (8240041)
KGP I(?) 8235041)
KGP I (8235043)
KGP II (8238041)
KGP II (8238043)

OVERLAYS:
8234003 - Ripped lower left corner destroying 1 smallish overlay and ripping into a second overlay. Ripped piece missing. - CLEAN
"Hill 615" - Large area overlay w/ "2" on the back; on sheet with 8 1-4 hex overlays. - CLEAN
8232004, w/ second sheet that looks like it goes with it. - CLEAN
"Rice Paddy" overlay sheet - CLEAN
8233003 - 7-page pad of Beach and Water overlays - CLEAN
8228005 - CLEAN
5-page pad of Desert Overlays - CLEAN
Doomed Battalions - x3 overlay sheets of railroads and rowhouses - CLEAN
8238045 - KGP II map(?)

RULEBOOK 2nd Edition, no Errata. Looks to me that all the additional rulebook stuff released with the expansions is there as well, but I cannot verify. If you tell me what should be there, I can check.

SCENARIOS: I have 2 3-ring binders of scenarios from the games/expansions and those I collected and printed out through the years. All in page protectors and in decent shape.

ASL SOLITAIRE: Included in the collection.

This collection is looking for a basic evaluation and eventually a home for a grognard that will play it. I have been surpassed by the game, although I love it dearly, and I may re-enter with the ASLSK's at some point to make it more manageable for me. However, there is some sought after stuff here, and it goes as an entire collection when it goes. Details to follow in a month or two.

Thanks to all you ASL'ers out there for taking a look and letting me know Fair Market Value and what I actually have here, as that is all I seek.

TIA!

p.s.: Rudolph Lives. Let's be independent together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well. There are quite a few people looking for Code of the Bushido and Gung Ho. Their value will decline when Rising Sun is published (1 or 2 years out). A Bridge Too Far is quite valuable. The rest is just going to be more or less below retail (maybe 1/2 price). I am not shopping for any of this stuff, but I would guess the fair market value would be around $700 if you have complete sets of each of the modules likely listed below. If there are things missing the value drops to as low as $200 for just what you guarantee below.

That is my best guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put it on eBay and see what the market will bear. I'd say you could probably easily get $200 plus for this lot (might be a good opening bid). With luck, maybe it could go as high as $500 or more. In this economy who knows?

I wouldn't part it out though, as you'd probably be left with some odd lots and pieces. The only exception might be the black Bridge Too Far counters.

Just my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Well. There are quite a few people looking for Code of the Bushido and Gung Ho. Their value will decline when Rising Sun is published (1 or 2 years out). A Bridge Too Far is quite valuable. The rest is just going to be more or less below retail (maybe 1/2 price). I am not shopping for any of this stuff, but I would guess the fair market value would be around $700 if you have complete sets of each of the modules likely listed below. If there are things missing the value drops to as low as $200 for just what you guarantee below.

That is my best guess.

If you wanted to put a little effort into separating out:

KGP II alone will pull $125ish without the box [I've certainly sold it that way before] and upwards of $200 with it. Put the 2 KGP HASLs together, even with out the box, and it will sell just fine.

A complete ABTF minus box could still fetch $150-200 simply because it's still the only source for "legit" black SS counters, which fetch a premium. That's still a huge cash cow.

Also, do you know which version of Solitaire ASL it is? If it's the 2nd edition (with the charts for all nations and 15+ missions) and you could separate it out, it's easily another $75-$100, again even without the box.

As-is without doing anything, a $200 minimum bid and $750 BIN might move it quickly and easily. Whatever you do, however, do NOT short change shipping if you list it in the auction. That collection will weigh a metric fuck-ton and the USPS will slap extra fees on it even if it could fit in a single box.

Be prepared to field a lot of questions though about what might be included in the rulebook binder, in particular...

And I'd give you $30 right now just for the Chapter H pages from Code of Bushido as mine have gone completely AWOL.... (Or, hell, if you want, I'd trade you an (empty) A Bridge Too Far box for those pages as my collection is so completely punched and hopelessly intermixed that I could only sell it as a complete lot.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Koenig
United States
Weston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a longtime seller of videogames NEVER (or at least only do so in rare circumstances) bundle on ebay. You will get 50 to 75% of the value that you otherwise would get if you split up individually valuable items. The only way bundling makes sense is if it is a specific duo or trilogy of games (like 2 or 3) like Xenosaga 1 2 3 or the Dot.Hack Series (these are videogames). An example with boardgames is if you had Memoir '44 and maybe 2 or 3 of the expansions. Bundling alienates many buyers and less buyers equals less $.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually trying to get in contact with some local ASL'ers up here in the Northeast but the Yahoo Group for Yankeegamers.org seems to be quite lax is approving memberships.

Here's to hoping someone sees this from that group and tosses up a white flag for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neiname wrote:
As a longtime seller of videogames NEVER (or at least only do so in rare circumstances) bundle on ebay. You will get 50 to 75% of the value that you otherwise would get if you split up individually valuable items. The only way bundling makes sense is if it is a specific duo or trilogy of games (like 2 or 3) like Xenosaga 1 2 3 or the Dot.Hack Series (these are videogames). An example with boardgames is if you had Memoir '44 and maybe 2 or 3 of the expansions. Bundling alienates many buyers and less buyers equals less $.

Agreed...the problem here is an issue of separating out a collection that, based on what I see above, is thousands of counters mixed and matched among various storage solutions. Having had to separate out a few punched ASL collections for resale, the time it takes is measured in days, not hours. It's not always worth the time, particularly if you don't know what you're looking at or looking for.

He's only mentioned the unpunched and partially punched items. I have a sneaking suspicion that there's at least 3 other modules represented there (Beyond Valor, Yanks, and probably one of the British modules) that are fully punched and mixed in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be correct.

Which is why I want to deliver the entire set to a lucky grognard locally for a fair price.

TBD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
That would be correct.

Which is why I want to deliver the entire set to a lucky grognard locally for a fair price.

TBD.

A newer ASL'er will almost certainly jump at that lot based on how hard it is to find some of those items. Good luck with it man.

EDIT: Maybe this might help for reference. I scored a similar collection a few years ago from a local ASLer who was getting out of the hobby (new baby in a tiny condo results in a lot of downsizing). I suspect the collection you're looking at is similar to the one I bought. For reference, I paid $700 for the following lot.

Code of Bushido: 2 split corners, unpunched
Gung Ho UP
Partisan Punched, complete.
Beyond Valor [1st ed. punched, clipped, and sorted into Plano boxes]
A GI's dozen: Open, scenarios unseparated
Out of the Attic 1, complete
AS Journals 1, 3, 5, 6 Complete, uncut/unpunched/unwhatever
Additional Mounted Maps: 5,6,8,9,13,14,15,44,45,46,47
A Bridge too Far [HASL 6]: Shrink
Blood Reef Tarawa [HASL 5]: Shrink
Kampfgruppe Peiper I [HASL 2]: Open, half of the 1/2" and all 5/8" counters punched, cover dished.
Kampfgruppe Peiper II [HASL 3]: Shrink
Action Pack II: shrink
Armies of Oblivion: Shrink, mounted maps
Paratrooper (w/ boards 2 & 4): Shrink
West of Alamein: Partially punched [85% unpunch]; excellent otherwise.
Hollow Legions (2nd Ed): Shrink
The Last Hurrah(2d ed. with map 3]: Shrink
Yanks: 50% punched/clipped/sorted.
Croix de Guerre: Open, UP
Rulebook: 2nd Ed, opened, but as new (pages still in shrink wrap.)
Armies of Oblivion: Shrink
Operation Watchtower: Shrink
Operation Veritable: 5% punched,
Pegasus Bridge : Shrink [2nd copy]

Now, I'm the first to admit that the lot I bought was certainly priced to move considering how much was still boxed and unpunched, but I'd think that $650-850 wouldn't be out of line (depending on how much other stuff you've got mixed into the stuff described above). I know the guy I bought this from had hits on his craigslist posting from all over the country--I got lucky simply because he really didn't want to ship the thing since it took something like 5 large MMP shipping boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
I'm actually trying to get in contact with some local ASL'ers up here in the Northeast but the Yahoo Group for Yankeegamers.org seems to be quite lax is approving memberships.

Here's to hoping someone sees this from that group and tosses up a white flag for me.

Send me your email address and I will let Mike know that you are trying to join the Yankee ASL list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll was 72:

rhm0406: 1-25
Chuck T: 26-50
Carl Herzog: 51-75 <== YOU GET IT.
jackboyle897 76-00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 749940. markgravitygood
  • 1d100 =
  • (72) =
  • And the winner is...
  • Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:08 am
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.