Subject: Nuclear aspect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about how nuclear weapons will be handled in this version of Red Dragon.

I thought the absence of them in Red Dragon was pretty much appropriate, but I find it hard to believe that a war btwn India and Pakinstan or even Iran and the US wouldn't devolve into some form of nuclear exchange. Most likely just tactical nukes, but something.

I think it would be a big disappointment if the new version/expansion didn't address this aspect of today's world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of nuclear options in the game, including operations called "US Limited Nuclear Strike", "US Massive Nuclear Strike", "China/Other Powers Limited Nuclear Strike", "Chinese Massive Nuclear Strike". Basically, these operations allow desperate players to destroy enemy units, but there is the risk of bringing about an immediate end to the game, in a draw or loss for the guilty player. Even if you are successful, you have to pay Victory Points for the privilege of using the nukes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.