Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was spotted by one of the guys (Brian Workman) over at ConsimWorld: FOR SALE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that people need to start altering their Secret Santa wish list. Maybe a group purchase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cant one without the other
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so sad, Ian...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beeler
Canada
Sarnia
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We would have to buy new engines for her among other things.

I think if she had been in better shape some other navy would have snapped her up.

Ark Royal due for disposal next 2011 year would be a better buy I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Caligari
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Wikipedia and an official web site of the Argentine Air Force, the HMS Invincible was hit by an engine from one of the destroyed attacking A-4C aircraft, and that she was also hit by Argentine aircraft dropped bombs, but "this is officially denied by the British Government and there is no evidence that any damage was inflicted" and "the ship attacked ...was the frigate HMS Avenger".

Are there any veterans, or other witnesses that can shed light on what actually happened? After all, I wouldn't want to buy a damaged aircraft carrier.

- as/jz

PS: Seems the parentheses in the Wikipedia url are causing trouble. See the Wikipedia article here:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Invincible_(R05)]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.