United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a rules update pending, which includes mostly clarifications.

The one issue still pending has to do with the German artillery on the Invasion turn. Quite a few players have commented that it is confusing as far as the supply situation.

Recognizing this, I've proposed the following change. Replacing both the final bullet in 18.7 and the "Strongpoints and Artillery" section would be the following simplified rule:

• An artillery unit may be used during the beach landing phases if it is within range, and from the units listed on the chart below.

Utah Beach: 1709, Brecourt
Omaha Beach: Pt du Hoc, 352nd
Gold Beach: 716/1716
Juno Beach: 716/1716
Sword Beach: 716/1716
Inland (vs. Parachute Units) Same Div. as spotter

These artillery units may be used at the listed beach with a spotter.

Everything else remains the same: only available in phases 2 and 3, fire once or move once, cannot fire along and the str is added to the fire attack, etc.

Comments are of course, very welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Hon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow I saw a draft version of the 09/2010 living rules but couldn't find it now. Can you direct me?

Side question, do you have plans to publish the deluxe maps for the 5 originals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's up on Consimworld and is almost ready for release.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@281.WE3sbX74RAu.445@.1dd...

Right at the top of the page. I've added four extra pages to include the two reference charts and new examples of play for artillery & bridging. A lot of extra clarifications were included in the new space; many which weren't really requested but might be helpful.

Deluxe maps? Do you mean like the hardmounted ones that some other games come with?

I haven't heard about any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Hon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Yes the hardmounted maps. I thought the designer initiates the deluxe maps process with the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Frankly, I don't really know how that works.

They've never done it with a multi-map wargame that I can think of though. Alignment would have to be pretty exact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Hon
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASL did that for many years so I think it can be done.

I sent a quick note to GMT to get their guidance how it works. Personally for a game like this scale and scope, harmounted maps would be a welcome addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sebastion,

Sorry, I know how they are made, I meant that I don't know GMT's SOP for deciding to do them.

ASL didn't do it with 22x34 maps though, and they all tended to have the exact same hexes for roads entering, and didn't really cross the map borders with continuing terrain the way a 5-map game would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And ASL players have complained for years about how they mated poorly.

DHolte wrote:

Sebastion,

Sorry, I know how they are made, I meant that I don't know GMT's SOP for deciding to do them.

ASL didn't do it with 22x34 maps though, and they all tended to have the exact same hexes for roads entering, and didn't really cross the map borders with continuing terrain the way a 5-map game would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...but only because of LOS issues, which is n/a to TBfN. Having said that, I can live with the unmounted maps because, either way, my table is still too damned small!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.