Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Arbuckle
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I jut moved down to Kennewick and am looking for a new game group. TI3 is my favorite game, but I would be happy to be a part of any kind of group. Anyone around here seeking players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltboy wrote:
I jut moved down to Kennewick and am looking for a new game group. TI3 is my favorite game, but I would be happy to be a part of any kind of group. Anyone around here seeking players?

You are in luck... we have a very active game group here.

We meet "officially" at least 3 times a month ... though most months have many other games played with smaller subsets of the group. On most game nights we have 12-25 people in attendance. But which 12-25 people varies a lot.

Plus almost any Monday you can find us gaming at Rosy's Diner in Richland. They have "open game night" there on Mondays (free beverages for gamers if they by something to eat) plus we put a small game library in for them. And this coming Saturday is a game night.

Here is a link to the guild page which has a calender.

Columbia Basin Boardgame Society

Mostly medium to heavy Euros get played but we have a huge variation of gamer types and people who love all games.

Collectively the group has over a thousand games.

Check out some session report Geeklists to see the typical game night experience.

Not a lot of TI3 at game nights... too long. But you can probably find people willing to play on none game night weekends. I know I have wanted to try it.

There is a store in Richland... Adventures Underground, that has big table games on the weekend. Not sure about TI3 but I know some of our members play big long games there.

Also there is a great gaming convention near here. GameStorm is in Portland/Vancouver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Arbuckle
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's terrific! I am in heaven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltboy wrote:
Wow, that's terrific! I am in heaven.

So see you Saturday?

Oh and we have a lot of women in the group so if you have a gamer girlfriend or wife she will fit right in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is a link to the session report Geek List of lists.

CBBS Session reports

Only warning... at some point you will have to learn BONGO... the club's mascot game. And it makes your brain hurt. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Arbuckle
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That all sounds great to me! I have a wife who we can occasionally convince to play games, so she might tag along. I'll try and make it this Saturday. I'm looking forward to it! It's at Rosy's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltboy wrote:
I'll try and make it this Saturday. I'm looking forward to it! It's at Rosy's?

No... Weekend games are at a private venue. Check out the main club webpage for a map. Link via the guild page or click my game group organizer microbadge. It will take you there directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltboy wrote:
That all sounds great to me! I have a wife who we can occasionally convince to play games, so she might tag along. I'll try and make it this Saturday. I'm looking forward to it! It's at Rosy's?

PS Tell your wife we ladies even get together a few times a year for Lady Gamer Teas (without you boys). And we are involved in other groups... knitting/sewing clubs, film clubs etc... So if she is new in town and wants to start branching out, game night can be a good starting point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Arbuckle
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha! I'm all set straight, now, and planning on coming. My wife Lis is looking forward to it, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian, welcome to town. I'll probably see you at Tim's tomorrow. I have never played TI3, but have wanted to for a while so hopefully we can arrange for that sometime. As Lynette, said, we wouldn't typically play something that long and involved at Tim's more official CBBS game nights, but we do get together at other times for things like that. For example, I run games of Arkham Horror and BSG and some more involved things like that at my house every so often when I'm in town. I gather from your collection and ratings that you're a fan of AH and LNOE, and those are two of my favorites. I may run a game of LNOE tomorrow, actually, as it's been a while since I've played it and I have some new stuff for it... Anyway, see you then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.