North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Is there a Dieppe Raid scenario??
Sonja (#458345),
It does exist. I took a look at it. It looks brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Swart
United States
Moscow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sonja (#458344),

Try going to the memoir44.com web site. you should be able to find many scenarios there including this one.

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonja (#458344), thing is, Dieppe scenario can only be one sided. I'm not sure the Allied wanted Dieepe to be a success in the first place. Any tank coming ashore was subject to breakdown due to the "beachsand". Few games were made on this peticular battle because it's one sided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonja (#458760),

IMHO, in order to be historically accurate, have the tank move only one beach square at a time. It won't be happy an day for the allied troop.

Few games were made on Dieppe, there was a Command Magasine game that offered a scenario option that would give the raid a chance. Name of the game is Second Front Now, simple for a wargame.

What would do a great scenario is the battle of Ortena (Little Stalingrad of the south), in Italy. Canadians and Germans survivors used (and maybe still) meet in the little town in the Christmas time (when this battle occured).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwebec (#459219),

Some months ago I posted an Ortona scenario on this site, and I think it's a good one.

I also posted three other Canadian scenarios, and would have produced a few more, but there didn't seem to be much interest from the community.

I hope you'll try them, and let us know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunray11 (#459571), I will surely look it up. I think I have an Up FRont scenario for Ortona as well. Bloody, as I remeber it. There should be some scenarios involving Canadians in the Netherlands as well.

Sonja, if you have the opportunity to play the Overlord scenario (requiring two games), jump on it. It takes lots of space, and a long time to set up, but in the end, lots of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.