Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there all!

This is a notice about the upcoming, fifth Annual Boardgaming Bash of Blood! How it works is real simple, at the end of January I am throwing a party... a Bash... if you will, with games, and food, and non-alcoholic drinks, you are all invited;

But I do have a request, take the time, 1 hour out of your day and go donate blood. Whole Blood, Plasma, Bone Marrow, whatever, give your time to donate something that can save a life.

Now some people are unable to donate blood for health reasons, that's okay, ask a friend or family member to do it instead, it's okay I won't mind!

You can call from anywhere in Canada:
1-888-2-Donate
To make an appointment,
and for the SAIT students out there, on January 20th (what timing!) there will be a blood drive from 9-2 on SAIT Campus, I will be there, and look forward to seeing you there as well.

Alright last year went well I had almost 25 people crammed into the condo, this year we are expanding, I am hoping to double that this year, and will be hosting it in a new space in plans to accommodate that number.
And Hopefully I will be able to offer you guys some nice suprises as the time come closer.

So book your calenders! and let's make it a Bash to remember!

So this is taking Place on January 29th 2011, from 11am to 12pm at 999 Canyon Meadows DR SW. Calgary, Alberta.

PS. You don't need to donate to attend, my party is open to any and all who wish to attend, but it's still a nice idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William W
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great idea! I can't attend having a baby at home and being your neighbour to the north, but I'll certainly be donating. This was my first year as a donor for life and I'll be going in many more times in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Crawford
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quadraphonic wrote:
Great idea! I can't attend having a baby at home and being your neighbour to the north, but I'll certainly be donating. This was my first year as a donor for life and I'll be going in many more times in the future.

I agree as well. For the effort required from us is more than made up by the impact on others lives. I really need to get off my you know what and give blood more often as well. To be a part of the solution and not the problem kind of thing. If we all did this even once a year it would probably fix our blood supply problem.

Nice post and idea, thanks for putting it out there. Hopefully it will put a bug in peoples ear and help make a difference.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd
mbmbmbmbmb
What an awesome idea!
Love it!

I certainly can't donate on that day - because it won't have been 56 days since my last donation! (due on Feb 24th)

Other than just "doing it" is there a reason? I'll happily fill in one of those "in honour of" cards.

Edited to add: Husband and I will probably show up in the afternoon for a couple games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also this microbadge! mb which helps "spread the word"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MelodramaBabs wrote:
Other than just "doing it" is there a reason? I'll happily fill in one of those "in honour of" cards.

I've been holding this event every year for my birthday just to ya, do it, gets people out and supporting blood donating.
I will have In Honour cards set up, so you can surely get one.

MelodramaBabs wrote:
There's also this microbadge! mb which helps "spread the word"

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.