Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julie L
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Always looking for new people to play card/board/rpg with. I currently attend the Plunder Fan Club (playing Plunder at the War Room), but I was wondering what other events/clubs there are in the Atlanta area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would reccommend you post your request here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewforum&for...

On this board, it'll be shuffled off the frontpage and never be seen again before too long. There, it'll remain for a long time, and it's where people will be looking if they're also looking for Atlanta area gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moving this to the Southeast regional forum.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Come check out the Atlanta Game Factory (551 10th St.) on wednesday nights...there's usually 15-20 people there and we typically play European-style board games including some pretty obscure/rare titles mixed up with the current favorites. There's open gaming throughout the week and there's usually someone in the store that's up for a board game. You mentioned Plunder- we'll be playing that this coming wednesday.

M. B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming in Atlanta seems to be in a bit of flux since Batty's closed down. Unfortunately, I can't really make weeknight gaming so I haven't gotten to play much in the past 2 months.

How is the AGF sunday thing going? Are there good crowds showing up for that now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyone live in north Atlanta, Alpharetta/Roswell/Perimeter area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Downin
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
There's also a group that meets at The Loop Grill *just* outside the perimeter off the Chamblee-Tucker Road exit on the 2nd Wednesday and Last Saturday of each month. Feel free to stop by there on the 26th, prolly from about 4:00 onward. I don't know how many folks show up before that, since I've never gottern there much earlier.

The Loop Grill group is all board and card games. I haven't seen any CCGs or RPGs played there.

The Atlanta Game Fest is a three-day Board/Card game convention (formerly Batty's Best Game Fest) held a couple times a year. The next one is May 13-15. http://www.atlantagamefest.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nekrolog wrote:

Anyone live in north Atlanta, Alpharetta/Roswell/Perimeter area?

Yes, I live in Roswell. I'm off of Old Alabama, between exits 7-8 of 400.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sunday nights at Atlanta Game Factory didn't work out...Frank declared it dead after a few attempts.

Wednesday night is when it's happening...like I said earlier, there's 15-20 folks in on the best wednesday nights. There's also ample boardgaming on other nights as well, particularly friday and saturday nights. If you're interested in card games, miniatures, or RPGs, there's also plenty of that going on throughout the week, just call and ask to be added to the mailing list.

This wednesday (tonight) was great, but we played a lot of great games...I personally got to play Plunder and the AH Dune but also on the table were Bohnanza, Power Grid, La Strada, Andromeda, Around the World in 80 Days, and some others. A couple of people paired off to play Netrunner, which is popular with a number of regulars.

Come by any time, or call...if you want to know what's happening for wednesdays, send me a BGG message and I'll let you know what's on tap. I'm more or less the board game ringleader.

M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie L
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
We're up in Alpharetta, but there are no close game stores this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie L
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I'll have to try coming up one Saturday or Friday, since I live an hour north of downtown. At least when there is traffic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Traffic getting to AGF usually isn't a problem as long as you avoid the weekday 5-6 crush at the 75/85 connector...friday nights can be a little bit of a bear if you come down I-85 in that period in particular, but it's not nearly as bad as you'd imagine for the most part. Coming via I-75 south is usually a pretty easy ride. I live in Brookhaven (I-85 and North Druid Hills) and it typically takes me 15 minutes or less door-to-door.

Some simple directions that might cut some time off your drive (coming from the North)-
Take I-75/85 south to the 17th street exit
Turn right at the top of the exit (17th street, or the "Atlanta Banana")
Go all the way down to where 17th intersects Northside drive, turn left
The second (or is it third?) light is 10th st., take a left at the gas station (not the BP, the second one) there and the store is immediatley on your left in the Tech Plaza shopping center.

Alternately, if you can get to Northside drive any kind of way it goes all the way down to 10th and you can also get to 10th via Howell Mill road. There's several ways to come without getting on the highway.

I'm trying to get some interest drummed up in playing some longer, more complex games on saturdays...last weekend we played AH's Age of Renaissance and it was fantastic...this weekend we might try TI 3rd edition or Manifest Destiny if it comes in.

M. B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Atlanta Game Factory is now hosting a forum of its own...check it out, www.atlantagamer.com. There's not much up there yet (i.e., the forums are currently empty) but it should be a good place to meetup with folks and get some games arranged.

M. B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in the same general area, off of Holcomb Bridge Road just past Steeple Chase Dr. Probably less than 4 miles away, I'd think. Atlanta Game Factory is a bit far south for me. There's a comic shop right off of 285 just past the 400 interchange called Xavian Games and Comics. They have open gaming 2 nights a week and several big table setups. If there are enough people in the north Atlanta/Roswell/Alpharetta area, I can talk to the owners about reserving a night for boardgaming. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie L
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
There will be a Plunder card game demo there on Saturday from 4pm-8pm actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a heads-up for Atlanta gamers...this wednesday night at Atlanta Game Factory we will have a copy of Alea's white-hot Louis XIV courtesy of A Famous Local Gamer. Let's see what all the hype is about! We usually meet up around 6-6:30 and play until 11-11:30, call, email, or check the website for directions or further information. Should be interesting!

Thanks
M. B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ward Batty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
We get between 20 and 30 gamers at the Loop Pizza Grill twice a month. Always the second Wednesday, 6-10PM and the last Saturday of each month, 5-11 PM. More info at:

http://boardgames.meetup.com/35/

There's a Yahoo group for Atlanta Boardgaming at

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/AtlantaBoardGames/

And, as mentioned, the net Atlanta Game Fest is May 13-15, 2005

http://www.atlantagamefest.com/
--
Ward

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tripp Corbin
United States
Unspecified
Georgia
flag msg tools
Had fun at the Grill last night. Looking forward to doing it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey Relford
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone stumbles across this thread and is looking for more info about an Alpharetta game group:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3429633

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.