United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
Homer Simpson
badge
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Pocket Civ noob, and am thoroughly overwhelmed, so maybe this has been dealt with already:
In Upkeep, the rules state:

2. Decimate all Gold that you have earned from Expeditions or Trade.

3. If you have Culture of Thievery, you must check for Violent Profits:
3.1. Draw the next Event card. The number in the RED CIRCLE indicates the Active Region.
3.2. If the Active Region has at least one Tribe:
3.2.1. Decimate 1 Tribe in the Active Region.
3.2.2. Draw the next Event Card. Add Gold to your common stock equal to the amount
of gold nuggets shown on this event card.
3.3. If the Active Region has no Tribes, then do nothing.

Am I correct in assuming that you decimate all gold, but then gain some from Culture of Thievery? So, you would end up bringing gold into the next round!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
issac springfield
msg tools
Yes, you are correct in thinking you bring gold into the next round. the order of tasks shows that you lose all of your gold, but then you gain more by culture of theivery. ive been playing pocket civ for almost two years, and it continues to reveal new questions for me to work out. most of the time i just choose my favorite of the conflicting rules, or the one that i beleive makes the most sense gamewise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.