Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've just played this game for the first time and greatly enjoyed it. Greg Schloesser has described two house rules which his group uses:

1) The deck of discards is shuffled before being re-established as the draw pile.

2) When filling one's hand at the end of a round, each player chooses one card at a time as opposed to taking all of their cards at once.

What do people think about the advantages or otherwise of these tweaks of the published rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:rule tweaks
rplea (#458513),

The first one is a nobrainer. Most people I have seen play this way anyway. Not reshuffling the deck really doesn't add anything to the game and can actually hurt gameplay. Really odd rule.

As far as the 2nd house rule, I'd say no to that one. Even with picking up all your cards at once it is still possible to not pick up cards that you would really like to have. Having everyone choosing at the same time would increase the luck of the draw IMO and prevent you from getting useful cards in some cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.