Popular Tags: [View All]
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just printed out the Belgian version and laminated it. It looks great. Have also got the original and have Europe on order.

Haven't played the London Undergorund or Lyon versions. Has anyone here played any of these or any other variants? Which do they recommend. Leave links if poss.

Anyone played the original with 6 players using wooden blocks or such like? Maybe if each player got 5 less carriages it would be ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original TTR, TTR - Europe, Lyon, and Belgium. The last two are printed and laminated and I have the cards in my TTR box. I have not had a chance to play them though.

I did not know about the London one. Where is it located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get the Lyon and Belgium maps? I would love to get my hands on them.

I just sent a variant for the original to BGG today called "Destination Free-for-All. When it gets posted, try it out and let me know what you think. It's the only way we play TtR now. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb

Someone should do a Giant "The world" map for Convention play. Thats would be cool. Could do sea routes and use the boat meeples from SoC:Seafarers.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbabcock wrote:
I have the original TTR, TTR - Europe, Lyon, and Belgium. The last two are printed and laminated and I have the cards in my TTR box. I have not had a chance to play them though.

I've got the original and a big stack of print-outs for Lyon and Belgium waiting to be made into games. The tickets I'm thinking just to mount on decent card and then slice up, maybe laminate afterwards, but what did you do with the boards?

I'm thinking they need to fold so I can store / transport them, but I'm not sure whether to put them on A3 or A4, and what sort of tape to use between sheets that's strong enough to make good hinges but flat enough not to make mountains in the board. Also, any ideas on how to protect a folding board afterwards? I can't see how to laminate it, is there any kind of varnish (or varnishing technique) that would cope with the folding?

sbabcock wrote:
I did not know about the London one. Where is it located?

Meee tooooo!

TTFN,
Tim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
What I did was lightly tape the whole thing together. Then I cut it in half. Then I had the whole thing laminated at Kinkos with about a 1/4" gap where I cut it in half so it would fold.

It is big, but ok to store folded in half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Belgian Map is here:

http://www.jeuxdenim.be///

You may need to do some resizing to get it right.

The London Undeground Map, I've never seen, but I read about it on a list today. There was a link to it, but when you press it now, it defaults to TtR. Since the Belgian Game also used to have an entry to itself but links to that now also default to TtR then maybe there was once an entry for TtR London. I did not see it, but I imagine that it may have been there.

I can't remember which list it was, but I tyhink it was about variants.

I'd love to see an African map. That would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.