Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a couple of translations of some the Chris' strategy tips from their website. I submitted the word docs but they have never appeared on the geek and no rejection notice was received. If anyone is interested I can send them via email. I learned a few tips from them.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Lost in Translation
T-Mo (#459757),

Dear Terry,

I'm sorry I can't help you with BGG policy...

But let me tell you that I am glad that you've been translating some articles and scenarios like that because right now I surely didn't have the time to translate everything. I guess you are using a translation program ? Am I correct ?

Anyway thanks for the job for the DT Us Community.

Sincerely,

Chris Boelinger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Boelinger (#459926),

Our English translator is actively working on the US version of www.dungeontwister.com.
We will be posting the pages as soon as available.
Eventually, the website will be completely translated.

Stephan@Asmodee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tres Bien!!!

At one time I was fluent in French but over 20 yrs of lack of use, one's skill goes down. Chris' strategy tips and comments on the DT site were very helpful for me and as anyone who has studied French and English knows that the syntax for sentence structure is quite different which leads to some interesting translations but it wasn't too hard to translate I hope! I'll look forward to the real translations. I've been introducing this game to alot of players here in the US and the response has been very favorable once they get past the point of knowing that luck plays little or no part in winning this game. That has given a few players frustrations if they are expecting something different. This is probably one of the best games to come out in 2004/2005.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Crider
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo (#459757),

I did a couple of translations of the scenarios from the French website also. Mine had a similar fate as yours, the submissions went without notice.

Also like you I was fluent many hands of many years ago. As a rather entertaining side effect, Dungeon Twister has motivated me to start reading French websites again--just to stay loose.

The yahoo groups site has a downloads area that might be an outlet for your work. The translations I've seen there are done using the on-line translation engines which are sometimes pretty amusing.

Cheers, Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony,

Yes, the translation engines churn out some pretty interesting stuff when you plug the French/English in there. I'll try posting my stuff to the Yahoo group. Chris has some good tips in there that US and English speaking players would benefit from while learning the game.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like my translations have been accepted. I have two more to post -- Objects and Characters. Great stuff in these tips Chris!!!

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
I've been introducing this game to alot of players here in the US and the response has been very favorable once they get past the point of knowing that luck plays little or no part in winning this game. That has given a few players frustrations if they are expecting something different. This is probably one of the best games to come out in 2004/2005.
T-Mo

Thanks a lot !
If you don't want to frustrate beginner players, please try to play with an handicap as explained in the handicap table in the rules.
For example : a very experimented player playing against a beginner should remove 3 characters from his starting team and the Combat cards +5 and +6.

Sincerely,

Chris Boelinger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

All the players I have introduced the game to, including my wife, have been offered a handicap for their first playing. Nobody has taken me up on the offer however with predictable results. My wife was the worst about not wanting to play me with a handicap. I guess they all like the challenge. It didn't take them long to realize that there isn't any luck once everything is revealed. We did however, play without a timer so I guess that was a bit of a handicap.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo (#459757),

thnx for all your translation effort. Since I don't speak French, I translated your work into German. Great stuff!!!

Chris,

thnx for puttin' the rules / tips / scenarios online. This turns out to be the right marketing DT has a growin' fan community here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.