Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Markley
New Zealand
Auckland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The games group has been running since the end of 2004 and as at March 2005 we have 15+ gamers attending each session.

Address: Mt Albert Baptist, 732 New North Road, Mt Albert (opposite Rocket Park, War Memorial Hall etc). The lounge is the room attached on the side of the Church building.
Time: 2nd, 4th and 5th Tuesdays each month 7:00 - 11:00.
Cost: occasional voluntary donation
Bring: Games & players

Also check out below group for contacts and info
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/akl-german-games/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. There was a post on here the other day somewhere (I can't find it) Started by Mr. McIlhatton in which various NZ gaming things were discussed. Does anyone know where it is? I was trying to find it but couldn't.

Brandon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry. I found Steve's post under BGG Suggestions. Good work Steve getting the NZ forum added. Thanks Aldie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings

Just curious as to what games are played at your group? May drop in sometime (May be tricky due to work) Plus do you know of many other organised groups around Auckland, preferably Central or North Shore?

Thanks for you time

Alistair

Long days pleasant nights (of gaming)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Markley
New Zealand
Auckland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alistair - pretty wide range of German games - we have several people coming along with 100+ game collections so plenty to chose from. However I'd say we mainly chose old favorites as a rule rather than trying many new games on a Tuesday. As an indication the last few games I've played on Tuesdays are Ticket to Ride, China (new game denying my earlier comment), For Sale, Bang, Taj Mahal, Maharajah, Aladdins Dragons, Emerald, Modern Art. Of course someone usually brings Settlers etc.

I don't know of any other organised groups apart from ones that are run out of the shops - have you checked out Pixel Parks website for games groups? www.pixelpark.co.nz/

Mt Albert is pretty easy to get to from most places - it's only 2minutes off the Western Springs motorway exit so pretty easy.

be good to see you some time
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank for the information Robert.

There are a few games there that I am keen to try or even just see being played, so hopefully I may be able to get there after work some night (Finish at 2130hrs so could be pushing it a bit).

Again Thanks

Alistair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Markley
New Zealand
Auckland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a long day - hope its a shift rather than an 8:00am start as well. Don't forget life meant is for games not work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alistair,

Join the akl-german-games mailing list (see the first post in this list). It is used to organise games nights (or afternoons some weekends) other than the regular Tuesday nights. Sometimes I am looking for players to organise a games session but can't enough players because some of the regulars are busy. Add your phone number too so that I can ring you and say "What are you doing tomorrow night?" and stuff like that.

Brandon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great gaming session at the SGD (Sean's Gaming Den) tonight. Me and Josh headed over and we played

Carcasonne the City (Josh beat Sean by 1 point, with me a further 7 back). Ingenious (I won with 14, Josh beat Sean by 1 point on the last move). Scotland Yard (Josh as Mr. X was caught on turn 7). Two games of High Society (Both won by me).

Great fun, good beers, good games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Clarke
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about everyone else, but I had a great time at the Chur...hall last night.

I played:

Ingenious - 4 players with Mark, Andrew and The Rob Markley Propaganda Machine.
Modern Art - 5 players with Piers, Josh, Sean and Dan
Through the Desert - 5 players with Piers, Josh, Sean and Dan
Lost Cities (twice) with Sean

I counted 18 people there and it felt like the place was really buzzing with 4 tables of games going on.

Top night.

The BC Police.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.