Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth reprint Kickstarter Sept 29-Oct 31
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original thread can be found HERE.

I've mixed some 1920s music and drones and FX together to make some soundscapes for our games of Arkham Horor and I thought I'd share them with you. They now come with pretentious titles too!

Part 3 - Beyond The Shores Of Sleep - has ocean waves lapping the shore, 1920s music, something emerges and submerges, then underneath the ice, through a gateway to a time-sink and into darkness, before something gigantic awakens.

Part 2 - Strange Seas In The Mist - opens with a more nautical portside theme, some effed up music FX, drones, and then segueing into a nighttime scenario towards the end.

Part 1 - Storm From Beyond - is a soundscape for a short film, set in HP Lovecraft's 1920's Cthulhu mythos. Consists of wind, rain, thunder, 1920s music, some monster FX, church bells, drones, etc. It can be found here:

Enjoy!

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is brilliant! Sounds like music from BioShock. Do you have it as mp3 or other format? I love to work with music like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks dude, links to download the three finished mp3s are on their way shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MP3 file links:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/woVIu8I-/1920s-hp-lovecraft-PAR...

http://www.4shared.com/audio/OaoyatGP/1920s-hp-lovecraft-PAR...

http://www.4shared.com/audio/58lWRvqu/1920s-hp-lovecraft-PAR...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving these - just need to get it up to 4 hours worth now to accompany a typical AH game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
Loving these - just need to get it up to 4 hours worth now to accompany a typical AH game

surprise

Have you any idea how long that would take??
Last one for the foreseeable future is on its way soon though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ND—
I just finished listening to the first 3 tracks (I assume a 4th is on its way?) They are all great, and tracks 2 and 3 in particular are more or less EXACTLY what I was looking for when I originally tried to compile my Arkham playlist. They are getting integrated immediately.

Can't wait for part 4!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
ND—
I just finished listening to the first 3 tracks (I assume a 4th is on its way?) They are all great, and tracks 2 and 3 in particular are more or less EXACTLY what I was looking for when I originally tried to compile my Arkham playlist. They are getting integrated immediately.

Can't wait for part 4!

Thanks for listening, Tibs! The 4th track is indeed on its way. I think/hope they get better as they go along. Given the direction of the 'album' ( get me whistle ) this is proving the hardest to collate and mix. Thematically by this point - after all the build up and the thing awakening at the end of track 3 - all hell has broken loose. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready, it should total a nice 60 minutes and fit on a CD...

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Bauwens
Belgium
Waarschoot
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stumbled upon your YouTube videos while using the website Melodice, when I was looking for music to play during Elder Sign.
Really enjoyed what you did.

Any chance the files can be brought back online to download?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altaica27 wrote:
Stumbled upon your YouTube videos while using the website Melodice, when I was looking for music to play during Elder Sign.

Thanks!
Not had much luck hosting the files I'm afraid. Will probably just leave them on YouTube, but there's a few sites where you can do a cheeky download from YT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Altaica27 wrote:

Thanks!
Not had much luck hosting the files I'm afraid. Will probably just leave them on YouTube, but there's a few sites where you can do a cheeky download from YT.

This music has been a staple of all my AH and other Lovecraftian games for the past 6-7 years. Thank you for the upload.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n107 wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:
Altaica27 wrote:

Thanks!

This music has been a staple of all my AH and other Lovecraftian games for the past 6-7 years. Thank you for the upload.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.