Subject: I have Shogun already. Is it worth owing both? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Thach
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
I know this topic has been covered a couple of times from earlier posts. I just dont have enough evidence that these two games are significantly different other than Europe vs Japan. I am just fishing for a really good excuse to pick this up. I havent quite caught enough yet. Any input would be appreciated. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
Grandmaster B wrote:
I know this topic has been covered a couple of times from earlier posts. I just dont have enough evidence that these two games are significantly different other than Europe vs Japan. I am just fishing for a really good excuse to pick this up. I havent quite caught enough yet. Any input would be appreciated. thanks

If you've read the previous posts, I don't know what to say differently. Have you read the rules? That's probably the best way to form your own opinion short of actually playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Thach
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
my bad. I did not check the 3rd page in files section. thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rupe
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nashville board game con every March: tngamedays.com
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!

Here's a few of the big differences:
-terrain based income and defensive dice (attackers use d8, defenders use d8, d10, or d12 based on terrain)
-centralized (yet distant from other players) starting points provides for a couple of rounds of "exploration and acclimation"
-turn order, while not static, is not completely random
-castles provide economic benefit, defensive bonuses, and unit build locations
-victory condition (most finished castles) can be a moving target (they become unfinished when captured)
-3 decks of 30 event cards each play a big role (browse the images section for some samples) and are acquired 3 different ways

If you enjoy Shogun, you'll love WoE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.