Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all,

I'd like some comments on your opinion for which is better/worse... pros and cons of the games.

I know about as much about Warangel as I do about Wizard Kings. If anyone out there has their own comments to share or perhaps they actually have the games and can tell me which one plays better. I'd be a novice player with only limited knowledge of block games and wargames of this style for that matter.

Please drop your ideas off and help me to make a decision.

thanks,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WarAngel 2000 is not what people normally refer to as a "wood block" game. Wizard Kings does fall under this category, though. Wood block games simulate fog of war by having the wood blocks tipped on their side to prevent the opponent from seeing the units themselves. Many of the Columbia Games follow this paradigm and they are excellent games, in my opinion. WarAngel just allows you to paste the normal counters onto wood blocks to better differentiate the armies, which is fine too.

Now, having said that...just because WarAngel is not a typical wood block game, doesn't mean that it isn't any good. I don't own WarAngel, but I plan to buy it because it seems quite interesting to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.