Subject: Dogstargames.com Thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Foote
United States
Carter Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
Looking for a good place to purchase games online and was just wondering if anyone had any problems or good stories about dog star games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no experience with Dog Star Games, but for feedback on online game stores, check here:

[POLL] The Good, the Bad, and the OLGS: Rate the Online Game Stores

The perennial favorites tend to be Boards & Bits, CoolStuffInc, and Thoughthammer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Foote
United States
Carter Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
Thanks for that link! Thats an invaluable resource.

However none of them have Descent right now and thats what I'm looking for, and this place has got it for a VERY reasonable price... with free shipping! It SEEMS too good to be true though haha.

The site is a little off to the un-professional side, but there really isn't an "Amazon of board games" from what I see. I could go with something I could buy off of those sites with not too much trouble, but after showing a few games off to my game group we all pretty much want Descent so I'm doing my best to provide, but like to know what I am getting into hah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Foote
United States
Carter Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
Yes, the website doesn't look cutting edge so I am thinking static inventory is the case here. So I have sent an email to the owner asking a few questions, hopefully that portion works out! I would try to get it off Ebay or something but its like everyone is either hanging onto this game and not selling their old copies too much... or they are disappearing! Cause the prices sometimes bid up over $100 hah I hope thats a credit towards how good and re-playable it is then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Time Well Spent has it in stock for $61.95, and they're a good company.

http://www.timewellspentgames.com/html/gamepage.php?id=1129

A good place to check for games is:

http://www.boardgameprices.com

if you haven't already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.