T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the current reviews mention either being a fan of the computer game(s) or make no mention wahtsoever.

Having never played any of them I am curious as to what players who also have not played the computer versions think of the game.

All input welcome...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, A lot of folks, like myself, were drawn to this game for our love of the computer Civ game (heck, even the Xbox one). I am guessing that a large majority are playing this because of Civ IV an Civ V which are fantastic PC games.

FFG did an excellent job translating to a board game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Sweeney
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have never played the computer game, and think this game is VERY well done. The multiple paths to victory are interesting, the tech system is genius, the action cards (culture cards) are balanced but still meaningful, and there seems to be pretty close to the right amount of military action (I would prefer a few more battles with less catastrophic impact).

I recommend this game to anyone who normally likes fantasy flight games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramsey Salisbury
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the board game is what got me interested in the computer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillermo Hernandez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played the PC games and really enjoyed this game.
I gave it a 9.1 after 2 plays.

You can scope my review in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Martin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been a civ-game fan (the original Civilization - from which the computer game sprang, and games like Antike, Mare Nostrum, the other Sid Meier's civ boardgame), and yet I have never played it on the computer... I just can't bring myself to do that - I love boardgames, computer games not so much.

Progression, building, growth, resources, trading, battles, maps (but not in TTA), lots of choices, multiple paths to victory - those are reasons to like Civ board games, including this one.

But none of us have answered your original question - has anyone who has not played the computer game reviewed this game? or will anyone? If no one responds, I might.

Edit: Magnoguido has a review in his collection, like he said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.