Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Finances rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

There are a couple of games I have wanted to purchase. They are Struggle of Empires, Liberte' and TI3. They'll definitely cost me over $100 for all 3.

However, my property value just went up 25% (this is in Memphis) and the tax rate will soon increase as well (Memphis is #1 in property taxes in the state of TN). Price of gas has basically gone way up. Items on other goods have gone up. Price of natural gas has gone up. Etc...

Only thing that hasn't gone up is my salary!

So... I have chosen not to purchase these games because of economic/taxation conditions. I guess it's a good thing we have a spare 170 billion for a war. Whew!

So, anyway, just curious... but has anyone else decided not to purchase "luxury or convenience" items because of all these tax/price increases? Not to mention the interest rates going up as well. I just can't justify the expinduture on games now a days... I'm extremely bummed about that too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Luthien wrote:
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

There are a couple of games I have wanted to purchase. They are Struggle of Empires, Liberte' and TI3. They'll definitely cost me over $100 for all 3.

However, my property value just went up 25% (this is in Memphis) and the tax rate will soon increase as well (Memphis is #1 in property taxes in the state of TN). Price of gas has basically gone way up. Items on other goods have gone up. Price of natural gas has gone up. Etc...

Only thing that hasn't gone up is my salary!

So... I have chosen not to purchase these games because of economic/taxation conditions. I guess it's a good thing we have a spare 170 billion for a war. Whew!

So, anyway, just curious... but has anyone else decided not to purchase "luxury or convenience" items because of all these tax/price increases? Not to mention the interest rates going up as well. I just can't justify the expinduture on games now a days... I'm extremely bummed about that too!

FYI, here comes inflation. The price of getting those games is probably going to go up, as other things that are effected by the gas increase hit the economy.

This could be anything from the price of shipping parts and components to make the game, to what you pay for munchies at the grocery store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a pretty extensive collection, have you thought about trading?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hmmm... never really thought about that. Might have to look into that as an alternative. Thanks for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.