Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people are now saying that I have too much games (780 games)! I have collected now 2.5 years, so how much is too much and excessive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:
Some people are now saying that I have too much games (780 games)! I have collected now 2.5 years, so how much is too much and excessive?

I think we're both well past that, Raiko. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say if you have more than a few unplayed games, then you have too much.

A lot of people around here have too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One tip that you may have too much is if you find yourself asking wether you do or not ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
The paradox is, even when you think you have too much, you almost certainly have a few more that you really need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Face it, Raiko, you have too many games. Far too many. You cannot have played 780 games in 2.5 years. You cannot even have punched 780 games in 2.5 years. And even if you have played them all, there is no way that you have explored them all. I mean, every game deserves to be played at least 3 times before it is put away forever. And the games that you enjoy are worth playing dozens of times. It's time to consolidate, man. You should get to know what you have before expanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Kruger
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can afford your habit, you do not have too much. When you have to move out to make room for more games, then you probably have too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Broadway

Mt. Pleasant
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:
how much is too much and excessive?

One simple question: Does it all fit where you want to store games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
BroadwaySC wrote:
binraix wrote:

Yes!

I can fit there about 2000 games, big boxes.

I think I should maybe slow down a little, but I still want more... I know, I'm pathetic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
SEKRIT MESSAGE SSSHHHHHHHHH
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
You cannot even have punched 780 games in 2.5 years.

After reading about some of Raiko's military experience, I believe he could not only punch, but also subdue, detain, and repatriate 780 games in 2.5 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on you and what you want out of them. I have about a tenth of what you do, and while I don't think I have too many, I do think that I don't have the right ones, since many don't and won't ever get played frequently (or at all). The only reason I have games is to play them, so I can't imagine myself ever having many more than 100 for any length of time (and even then, they'd have to be the right 100).

There are other benefits to owning games, so that's really something you need to decide for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they a joy or a burden to you, or both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ellephai wrote:
Are they a joy or a burden to you, or both?

Mostly joy! Little burden, since trying to move now..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:

Seven is too many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Walker
United States
Princeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:
Some people are now saying that I have too much games (780 games)!

The most important question is who these people are.

If by "some people" you mean LilyGirl/Agnes then you should probably listen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danwalk wrote:
binraix wrote:

Agnes has no problems. The day she says something is final day.

Maybe then I have too much games when she says so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
One is not enough, and two is two too many. You're already past saving. Embrace the dark side... and welcome to the League of Extraordinary Game Collectors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:
danwalk wrote:
binraix wrote:

Agnes has no problems. The day she says something is final day.

Maybe then I have too much games when she says so...

That is a perfect gauge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
badge
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you don't run out of room for LilyGirl, then there's no problem here... devil

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wintz
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a rhetorical question? Like asking, can I have too much air?(insert "beer/sex/pasta/pizza/beano" if this is your preference).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
binraix wrote:
BroadwaySC wrote:
binraix wrote:

Yes!

I think I should maybe slow down a little, but I still want more... I know, I'm pathetic...

Well...since you mention it... I have about 10% of what you have in terms of game numbers. So, I suppose I could make this offer and see what you think... Find the games you're not into and just send em on over to North Carolina here in the USA where they'll be loved and cherished as more than numbers. Well...actually that's an open offer to anyone looking for good homes for those games that need a little extra help in their neglected state!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:
shake

Greetings binralx,

This is your friendly local online grammar nazi here ninja to give you a [friendly] citation for a grammar infraction. English has two types of nouns: countable and uncountable. If you can count the number of something, then is it countable. You can count individual games, therefore "game" is a countable noun. With countable nouns we use "many". If something is uncountable, but is measurable (like sand or water), we use "much".

This time, we'll let you off with warning. Screw up again... and you shall get another warning and another friendly grammar lesson.

~AngryStarAnarchy

PS- to all you aspiring grammar nazis, this is how you do it properly. Be both polite and insightful and genuinely attempt to aid the prepetrator in not violating the english language in the future.

PPS- is that games or does it include expansions as well? 1 game and 779 expansions is what an ASLer calls a starter set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wintz
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
um ,,, Angry? I'm sure that you meant "This is youR local online grammar nazi..."

Now, if we could get an online spell checker.

But I do appreciate the information about the noun types. I never knew that. Who would expect to learn something on BGG? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Then you are still short of 1500 games, big and small
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It all depends on your purpose for owning them. If part of that purpose is viewing them as a collection then a larger amount of games is more justified. If you own them just to play them and find no joy in collecting them, then you can get by with fewer.

It is of course all up to you though. I personally don't own any miniature spoons or blue ceramic plates. If I owned 1 I would say I have too many. Some people on the other hand have dozens and are always looking to get more. To them they still have too few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.