Dogana, Repubblica San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
I am playing the Nunobeyama battle.
I have a problem with Special Rules - simpliefued command:
- It is possible the 5.43, point 3's application?
- It is possible the 10.25's application?

Thanks,

GC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tweakston
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
5.43 is the rule for "The Dieroll of Doom", point 3 being the "Crisis of Faith" rule. A Busho rolls against his So-Taisho, but in Nunobeyama, there is one Busho, the So-Taisho himself, on each side so skip this point. All So-Taisho skip this anyway in all other scenarios. Its one of the holes in the rule set where a little intuition and common sense is required. At least, that's how I read it.

10.25 The Samurai Challenge. Its possible. I think Mori has to leave his Honjin at some time to improve his chance to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gian Carlo Ceccoli
San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tweaksy wrote:
5.43 is the rule for "The Dieroll of Doom", point 3 being the "Crisis of Faith" rule. A Busho rolls against his So-Taisho, but in Nunobeyama, there is one Busho, the So-Taisho himself, on each side so skip this point. All So-Taisho skip this anyway in all other scenarios. Its one of the holes in the rule set where a little intuition and common sense is required. At least, that's how I read it.

10.25 The Samurai Challenge. Its possible. I think Mori has to leave his Honjin at some time to improve his chance to win.

5.43: Yes, I have a common sense........; the So-Taiso/Busho is "finished" for me......

10.25: If the Special Rules in the scenario says that the So-Taiso is also the Bush administration, you need not move from his Honijin Mori.
In any case, the problem is another, what is the point that a Samurai should get behind the enemy line to challenge opponents samurai?

Bho .....; during the playtest I do not remember these problems.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GC58 wrote:

In any case, the problem is another, what is the point that a Samurai should get behind the enemy line to challenge opponents samurai?

You can still use a Samurai to do a charge instead of a challange or to cut his head off in front of his troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tweakston
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On Niiyama Castle, the scenario rules for Nunobeyama say this:

No Samurai Challenges may be launched against a unit inside the castle.

and

The only way in and out is through the gate, or by advancing after victorious combat.

However, 10.28 suggests a charge is not a challenge but an alternate. So a Samurai can sneak through the gate expending 2 movement points and risking a deadly roll against his stamina to fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gian Carlo Ceccoli
San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For Special rules you look also:
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?8@361.M78ObKyjOkl.36@.ee6b4...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tweakston
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In consimworld.com, in the GBoH forum, Alan Ray linked the 2008 errata, which says...

NUNOBEYAMA
SPECIAL RULES: SIMPLIFIED COMMAND
Trump: Add: There is no the Die Roll of Doom roll

On individual Samurai, he invokes 10.28: The Samurai Charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a gaming buddy of mine and I just started this scenario via vassal, but this simplified command is well not explained so simply.

Since there is technically only 1 busho/ST, it's not clear to me if you activate each contingent separately, roll for momentum and then mark the contingent finished or activate the busho/ST and order all his active contingents at one time and then roll for momentum.

If the former, you skip continuity and just transfer command as the special rules state, correct? In this case, the ST isn't technically finished just the contingent he gave orders to correct?

If the latter, then it would seem that getting initative can be a game changer and allows you to pretty much dictate the whole battle rather than the back and forth nature of the orders that is the hallmark of this system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aguayo
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the playbook in front of me, but I think (for Nunobeyama) it goes like this:

Sotaisho/Busho activates all contingents at once. After all activated contingents have been ordered, the sotaisho can roll for momentum. If the sotaisho successfully gains momentum only ONE of his active contingents may be ordered again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, I'll go with that. But it begs another question, why do the ST's have 3 trump chances when at most they can use 2? Mind you I'm going by the vassal setup, so maybe they have less in the play book?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.