Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy W
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/Dominion-Big-2010-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/...

Amazon exclusive. Dominion, Prosperity, Alchemy, Envoy and Black Market promos, and playing mat for $70 (44% off). Perfect gift for introductory gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
From amazon's description:
Quote:
Contains the core Dominion card game and the expansions, Alchemy, and Prosperity. Additionally it contains the Black Market and Envoy promo card sets and a full color play mat.
Massive combination pack jammed full of the best boxed sets, additional cards and extras!

Just imho... Dominion and Prosperity is a very good combo... however we played Alchemy only once and now leave it out of the mix. The expansion it's missing that really needs to be in a combo like this is Seaside...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JeffyJeff wrote:
From amazon's description:
Quote:
Contains the core Dominion card game and the expansions, Alchemy, and Prosperity. Additionally it contains the Black Market and Envoy promo card sets and a full color play mat.
Massive combination pack jammed full of the best boxed sets, additional cards and extras!

Just imho... Dominion and Prosperity is a very good combo... however we played Alchemy only once and now leave it out of the mix. The expansion it's missing that really needs to be in a combo like this is Seaside...

It's a pretty good deal, but I almost had to change my shorts when I saw that initially before I thought, "Sylvester, your wife is going to kill you when you hit purchase. Might want to think about an alibi first." ...and then I went to my FLOLGS

Dominion 28 bucks
Alchemy 20 bucks
propserity 28 bucks

76 bucks.

NOW, that doesn't include the playmat or the promo cards... but it still went from "worthy of the wrath" to "good, but I wouldn't die for it"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
It's a pretty good deal, but I almost had to change my shorts when I saw that initially before I thought, "Sylvester, your wife is going to kill you when you hit purchase. Might want to think about an alibi first." ...and then I went to my FLOLGS

Dominion 28 bucks
Alchemy 20 bucks
propserity 28 bucks

76 bucks.

NOW, that doesn't include the playmat or the promo cards... but it still went from "worthy of the wrath" to "good, but I wouldn't die for it"

a pretty good deal only if you want Alchemy... if it was Seaside instead (and the incremental price difference) then it would indeed "jammed pack of the BEST"... sadly imho Alchemy is our least favorite so far
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to Alchemy being the least favorite, I guess that's why it is in the bundle. How else will they move it? :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Price I see for this combo pack is now only $59.99, Which is pretty solid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Hawkes
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the review on Amazon this is actually one big box. Anyone got pictures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:
The Price I see for this combo pack is now only $59.99, Which is pretty solid.

yes, this now like getting Alchemy for $6 and the couple promo cards for free

Smossifer wrote:
According to the review on Amazon this is actually one big box. Anyone got pictures?

yes, this is interesting! good and bad... I would have considered buying it, giving the girlfriend base and prosperity so she can have her own copies, and trade Alchemy... but this would defeat that thought (unless I wanted to try to trade just the Alchemy cards)...

... however I do wonder how the box insert looks... if enough individual places for every card from every expansion so far... so anyone w/pics let us know!

edit: also see Great sale at Amazon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has Seaside available separately for $25. Throw that in with these three for $60 and you have a nice deal.

Edit - Plus Free Shipping to boot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone doesn't beat me to it, I should have my copy tomorrow at this time. I pulled the trigger this morning and paid the $3.99 next day ship charge with Prime.

I'm off Saturday so I wanted to expedite this process. I couldn't pass up this deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
vliam wrote:
If someone doesn't beat me to it, I should have my copy tomorrow at this time. I pulled the trigger this morning and paid the $3.99 next day ship charge with Prime.

I'm off Saturday so I wanted to expedite this process. I couldn't pass up this deal.

Please post pictures if you're able. I'd like to see what this "big box" looks like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M
United States
Eastpointe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit when it was $69, so here are some photos for you (warning - big pictures).

The box:
http://load.hostphotofree.com/1254d74cfbf17d28172ed3dce91b76...

Box next to Agricola:

Interior of box:

Everything it comes with (including "player mat"):

Hey, little metal coins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ramstad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very very interesting. I wonder what the capacity of the box is like... does it have room for the other expansions? Does it fit cards with sleeves on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
with images inlined
Shiva wrote:
I bit when it was $69, so here are some photos for you (warning - big pictures).

The box:

Box next to Agricola:

Interior of box:

Everything it comes with (including "player mat"):

Hey, little metal coins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, I count 64 regular slots (ie. a regular kingdom card of 10 or 12), and 8 larger ones (for cooper, silver, etc) and then another 10 huge slots (where the cello wrapped decks of cards were stored)

have to go look up how many kingdom cards in each of base and each of the expansions so far

edit: ok, rough count... over 106 just regular kingdom cards (each 10)... see
Dominion_series

so it still looks like insert may have to be tossed... especially with another full size expansion likely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M
United States
Eastpointe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think sleeved cards will fit - the standing sealed decks are in there tightly.

I'm guessing there is room for the expansions as all the decks included only take up a row and a half (note - I have not played Dominion and have not set the cards up for storage - I could be wrong).

One drawback to the expansions included in the set - nothing is labeled. Just sealed decks of cards and 6 rulebooks. The 2 rulebooks are for each set are the same color though.

Edit - Thanks Jeff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MUST HAVE THAT BOX!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's nice that it is, in fact, one big box but holy poo is that box cover ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Carnagey
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I KNEW I shouldn't look.... I KNEW I shouldn't!

I resisted at the original price of $79, then again at $69...... but $59 was my breaking point. Amazon is evil this time of year, I keeps at you until you can not withstand the temptation.

I had already been fighting myself over smallworld at $29.99. I was winning that battle too. Then when I finally caved in and ordered the Dominion Big box combo, I figured I was already gonna have to face the music.. so I added smallworld into the order.

I figure when that big dominion box shows up... it won't make it any worse if a little (by comparison) smallworld box is with it.

I'm not entirely without sense though... I decided it was time to apply for that amazon visa card and get that $40 credit.... dropping that $89.98 total down to $49.98.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
nmadd wrote:
That's nice that it is, in fact, one big box but holy poo is that box cover ugly.

Not a fan of plus signs?

I guess the original Amazon listing does include the box top. I just thought it was a promotional picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Jacob
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the Prosperity set in my collection yet, but, looking at the box insert in the pictures, it seems they just took the individual expansion inserts and molded them together side by side.

I am so tempted to get this for $60, but then I have an extra base and Alchemy set. I suppose I might be able to trade them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
netizen wrote:
I resisted at the original price of $79, then again at $69...... but $59 was my breaking point. Amazon is evil this time of year, I keeps at you until you can not withstand the temptation.

amazon if you are listening my breaking point is lower at $49....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good lord that is tempting...

I want to give the games away and keep the box

Does it have enough room for the Intrigue/Seaside cards as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
themothman421 wrote:
Does it have enough room for the Intrigue/Seaside cards as well?

see

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5966129#5966129

(or just scroll up to see my prior posts )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reiners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shiva wrote:

One drawback to the expansions included in the set - nothing is labeled. Just sealed decks of cards and 6 rulebooks. The 2 rulebooks are for each set are the same color though.

Edit - Thanks Jeff!

Actually not sure about that. If you look at the photo of the contents the labels which comes with Dominion are there for all the sets. They are under the Rio Grande games catalog in the picture. My guess you put them over the big slots where all the cards are stored when the box is shipped.
Though I do wish they added a tiny bit more space to the box so you could sleeve all your cards.

Also, in case anyone is interested, if you buy the big box expansion if you look down the page on amazon, you can also buy the big box set + the remaining two sets (which are separate boxes) for a discounted price. For those who havent gotten into Dominion yet, this might be the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.