BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Mechanics/Mechanism rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Oates
United Kingdom
Leeds, West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Trivial Pursuit shows - category: trivia, mechanics: n/a.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think Trivial Pursuit *should* have the "roll and move" mechanic. One could argue it should have "Set Collection" as well.

But it's perfectly fine for a game to not have any listed mechanic. If a game is a very simple trivia with simple advancement for correct questions, the "Trivia" category says it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Here's my SpeedBump on that - because I ALMOST did check the "Trivia" box:
It was an EDUCATIONAL game. It shouldn't be trivial as it is supposed to be useful and instructional and have some educational value.

IMHO, a "trivia game" is defined as a game where questions are asked and success is determined on the ability to answer them accurately. Whether the knowledge itself is "trivial" or not.

Quote:
... and there's not a box for "team" either which could apply to a lot of games.

Usually "partnerships" covers that.

Maybe categories and mechanics should be defined in a glossary ofsome sort here. To me, a game where you have one or more teammates and you answer questions to proceed in the game is, by definion, Trivia/Parnerships. If the question matter is designed as a learning tool, add Educational as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.