Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve D
United States
Jim Thorpe
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my children for the weekend and since we love games and legos, we decided to combine the two. We did a quick design and built it

general overview

close up

We are discussing the design and how to make it better. couple minor issues with it but it did work pretty well.

As far as the game went the kids loved it (Abby 10, Steven 7). I did as well. We did not use the challenges this time around, as to make it run a bit easier for the first time. We did discuss using the abilities 1.1 document in the future. Overall great game with a lot of potential for expanding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have lots of legos if you were able to build this game THAT symmetrically ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Jim Thorpe
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kai,
Yes, I have a lot of legos. We are planning a larger one where the individual quadrants are 4x4 instead of 2x2. The issue we had was the arms of the minifigs were hitting walls, so the total size will be two full base plates by two full base plates or 64x64 studs. That way we can make it a bit more interesting with arches and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Lamb
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Ha,ha, love the Lego board, and really pleased you guys enjoyed playing. Great stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
belltowersteve wrote:
The issue we had was the arms of the minifigs were hitting walls, so the total size will be two full base plates by two full base plates or 64x64 studs. That way we can make it a bit more interesting with arches and such.

Or you could do like I did as a kid and rip the arms off of the Lego men. I just wanted to see how they were attached!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rems
Belgium
flag msg tools
nice one

we've made and played on our own Lego board last week, it plays very well
took us only 3,5 hours to make :)
will post a picture one of these days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just saw this in Target the other day. Looks like a real Lego version of Labyrintus. http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41835/minotaurus
Has anyone played it or know how the rules compare? Am I behind the times and everyone already knows this is out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Lamb
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Have I been ripped off by Lego?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rems
Belgium
flag msg tools
got around to uploading finally

and no worries Victoria, your version rocks !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
victorialamb wrote:

There is always the option of getting this thread deleted by the admins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Lamb
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
victorialamb wrote:

There is always the option of getting this thread deleted by the admins

I'm referring to the uncanny resemblance between the Labyrintus and Minotaurus rules sets. I've not played Minotaurus so I can't really say, though the concept looks strangely familiar. The Labyrintus rules set has been online since early 2008. Probably just just a coincidence.

Nice set Dave, I like the brick saving idea of the open sides
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone figure out what was used here? I'd like to try this, but I'm very visual and tactile. I do have a good imagination, but for a game like this, if I try the print n play, I'm more likely to feel meh, when I really want to try it this way. I emailed one of the guys, but no response, maybe not active. This was the first game I subscribed to years ago on here, I really love mazes. If I try it and like it lego form, we would save up for whatever official form eventually gets released. You don't have to post lego directions, just email me what you think. I don't want to step on toes. But I'd like to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Meech
msg tools

I think a few of us should try to keep this forum live.

I did think about Lego at one stage, but the little brick men do not really do it for me.

I have the print and play 2D version. In fact I have downloaded and printed it twice! The second incarnation was spray mounted 0n 5mm Foamboard (walls and tiles)and has been very robust. I have used the paper figures, 18mm Fantasy types and 25mm Greeks. It is a very easy game to start with printed and just upgrade components a bit at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.