Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve McClure
United States
Fowler
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing that characters can't move through opposing players, unless that opponent is prohibited from attacking them.

This allows a player to block a labyrinth, forcing at least one round of melee. We have been allowing players to move on, exiting melee, running away as it were from the fight. I haven't found a prohibition to this, am I just missing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
smcclure415 wrote:
I've been playing that characters can't move through opposing players, unless that opponent is prohibited from attacking them.

Incorrect. You have to stop on an enemy character. You may or may not melee but you have to stop. Some characters allow you to move through. (For reference it's Masters Addendum p.10)

Quote:

This allows a player to block a labyrinth, forcing at least one round of melee. We have been allowing players to move on, exiting melee, running away as it were from the fight. I haven't found a prohibition to this, am I just missing it?

Correct. There is nothing to prohibit you leaving a hex with an enemy. (Unless there is some power or something, but I don't recall one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smcclure415 wrote:

You have this all correct. I think that the previous poster misread your post.

Characters must stop when entering a space with a potentially aggressive enemy, no matter how unlikely the possibility of an actual attack. If the enemy character is forbidden from attacking due to a special ability or other effect, then passage is allowed.

You are always allowed to leave a melee hex during your movement unless you entered the hex during the same movement phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smcclure415 wrote:

You can block the labyrinth, make the opponent stop, then move one space on your turn, blocking the labyrinth again, so the opponent moves one space and has to stop again, and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
HuckmanT wrote:

You have this all correct. I think that the previous poster misread your post. [/q] No, I didn't but...

[q] If the enemy character is forbidden from attacking due to a special ability or other effect, then passage is allowed.[q]

Ah! P.20 of the Master's Addendum. I stand corrected (though partially I suppose; I knew you could move through characters like Ameliea Pike)!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.