Subject: Easy to learn...difficult to master. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Heath
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game around eight times so far. It's easy enough to learn even if you're not familiar with the States of Siege series of games. I think it's harder to win this game then some of the other games in the series such as Ottoman Empire and The Lost Cause but that is how it should be given the historical situation and outcome.

Overall the game gives you that feeling of battling against overwhelming odds, especially once you start drawing the late war cards. If you're going to achieve victory then go for a military one with three knock out blows, although also hard to accomplish.

I do really enjoy this game and hope eventually to tell the Emperor that we have achieved victory for Nippon!

Cheers and congratulations VP Games on another great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
irreg77 wrote:
I've played this game around eight times so far. I do really enjoy this game and hope eventually to tell the Emperor that we have achieved victory for Nippon!

Cheers and congratulations VP Games on another great game

Thanks Brad - and don't be too concerned about not prevailing yet, that's about the intended W-L ratio, so you're due for a victory soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of WMTtE in perfect condition in just eight days after I ordered it. I even found unexpected little sweet dice (4 mm = 0.16 in) - fortunately I didn't overlook it!

I played two times and two times I achieved Complete Collapse result but... I'm very happy with that!

What a game! What a suspense! What reversals! I'm really impressed, want to play more and more and can't wait for expansion kit.

Maybe sometime I'll win, but it doesn't matter: it's even better if axis lost the war, right?

Thanks for great game, Steve and for excellent support here on BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank You for the compliments, Andrzej - we sincerely appreciate the feedback.

The game is designed to be challenging, and hopefully it retains that engaging quality that keeps the players coming back for more.

From personal and playtester experience, when you finally achieve a victory, it should be sweet and very satisfying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
when you finally achieve a victory, it should be sweet and very satisfying.

I'm sure it will be kind od ecstasy since I'm already so happy!

During the first campaign three cards remained in the moment of empire's collapse, in the end of the second only two. So progress is appreciable!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So today is The Great Day for me: I just achieved Survival Victory! After about 15 Complete Collapses and Unconditional Surrenders at last I won. Hurrah!

I played with Expansion Kit, but of course without End War mini deck. At the game's end Chinese, British and Soviet forces were in no. 1 spaces of their tracks, after some unsuccessful attempts to invade Japan. MacArthur and Nimitz only in the last turn broke through my fortications in Formosa and Solomons, respectively.

Resources were at quite good level: Army-Navy and Oil at 2 value and Prestige at 1. Two times I performed Withdrawal Actions so eventually I scored 12 Victory Points. There were no attempts to knock-out fronts, it was pure defensive strategy with a lot of luck.

Now I must tell the emperor: We've just won, Your Highness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Andy, hearty congrat's - way to go!

Luck is a factor in any game, but over the course of several hundred die rolls it usually averages out.

I'm a firm believer that sound play and solid strategy can help mitigate bad luck and maximize good luck.

Anyway, I know how sweet (and memorable) a first win can be - now let's go forward for your second triumph!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.