Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
... I uploaded 6 images of Manifest Destiny a week ago and though they now show up on the game link, I haven't yet received any GG for them. What's odd is that I already received GG for images I uploaded since then.

Since I already emailed both Aldie & Derk, with no response, I figured they are dealing with inbox overload and I'd go ahead and make a scene in public.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Like, this doesn't belong in the 'haus, daddy-o! You gotta take your capitalistic dogma somewhere else, cat. The real world don't run on gold, man - it runs on your mind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartbreak, you know, drives a big, black car. Swear I was in the backseat just minding my own..
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
Really Jonesing for that Geek Badge, eh Tripp?

And isn't saying "Not to be pushy, but..." sort of like saying "You can trust me..." or "I don't want to be rude, but..."?

Speaking of goats...have you ever actually eaten roasted goat? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: eating goat
When i lived in brooklyn a long time back, there were signs for curried goat everywhere. i regret that i didn't try it, i bet it's pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sommer
Denmark
copenhagen downtown
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
man! don't be such a greed head man , just think positive thoughts man and everything will be cool......hey nice aura!!!
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Krow
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
How is that game by the way? (Manifest Destiny). It definately seems to have potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
mistermarino wrote:

Speaking of goats...have you ever actually eaten roasted goat? Just curious.

I don't know about DW, but I've had it. At a restaurant in Virginia--can't quite recall the mall at which it was located--it was one of the weekly specials. I wish I could remember what cuisine they served, though. It was from some part of the world that the Spanish trashed and then cross-pollinated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Of course I've had roasted goat. I'm from Texas, my grandpappy had about a zillion goats so we ate them, drank their milk, made vests from their hides and used their horns for drill bits.

And I still want my GG. It's the principle man, the system is holding us down! "Up the establishment!!!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartbreak, you know, drives a big, black car. Swear I was in the backseat just minding my own..
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured you had. But do tell...does it taste like chicken? Goats are cute, in a hobbit sort of way, and so I've never gone out of my way to eat one.

I have nothing against eating meat, mind you. Pigs are cute, but they're the heroin of meats, as far as I'm concerned. Cows are just big, dumb insects. Chickens are annoying. Gator's not bad. I ate something at a restaurant that my sister-in-law swore was dog. I would like to try snake meat. But I can't say I've ever desired to eat a goat.

You can make a drill bit out of a goat horn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Lobster, Bug of the Sea" cool laugh

On a side note my dad wont eat crab because he says "When someone drowns and they don't find the body, Crabs Feast" zombie gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Goats are cute, in a hobbit sort of way

...mmmm roast hobbit...

and while we're complaining: I've had enough gg for an avatar for weeks now and nobody's done anything to get me one...

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just to clear a few things up -

Goats do not taste like chicken. They taste like... well, goat.

Goats are not cute. They are cloven-hoofed spawn of satan. They will knock you on your ass, head-butt you, trample you, leave goat pellets everywhere, eat your hood ornaments and just in general destroy anything and everything they're near. I was almost assassinated by an entire herd of goats when they assembled in a wave formation and attempted to drown me in an open well out in Cisco, Texas.... home of the Texas Goat-Roping World Championships and formerly the location of the World's Largest Swimming Pool.... if you define a swimming pool as a 2 acre concrete pond with a diving board and a hot dog stand.

Gator tastes like chicken-flavored abalone. Snake tastes like dirt-flavored chicken. Horsemeat tastes like weinerschnitzel... because in many cases it is. Dog is actually pretty good if it is cooked by Navajo Indians in a stew and your dad is gracious enough to not tell you what you ate until the next day.

the_redstar_swl is a very cool ninja. And my thanks go out to him for an unsolicited gift of GG... which went a long way towards soothing my turbulent emotional state about not getting any GG for my superb images of Manifest Destiny, which, by the way, I haven't played yet but I have read the rules and played with all the counters, cards and wood pieces. GMT did a nice job and the game will likely play very well indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Huh, that's weird. I will check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of Jamaican places her in Madison that serve curried goat. Good stuff. Can be a little gamey, but in general a lot like lamb. My sister's ex's family does a fine back-yard goat barbecue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.