Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was attacking a WN position with a depth marker and had a question.

When I revealed the WN marker, I had all required weapons and my strength was double. So I then revealed the depth marker which had a NA (naval artillery) requirement. Is it enough that I have a naval artillery marker? Or do I have to expend it during the attack?

Also, is there any other way to clear out a WN position that has a depth marker with this requirement? In the first 16 turns, there are only 2 cards in the deck which gives you a naval fire marker!

Thanks,

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to use the Naval Artillery when you attack.

You could use a Hero to cover the one weapon (NA in this case) you don't have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Or get more than double and use the optional attrition. Those Germans are dug in deep and it may cost the lives of a few men to get them out... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Phil -- These replies nicely sum up three methods of removing a depth marker with the "NA" requirement:
1. Expend a Naval Fire marker when declaring the attack.
2. Include a hero in the attack and use his wild card ability
3. Attack with more than double the strength of the German position and use optional attrition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough fire power to achieve optional attrition. I had foolishly committed too many forces to WN60, 61 and 62. Leaving only 2 infantry (a single step and a two step) units to attack 65N . This means I had 6 attack power vs 4 defense, without the required weapons. I did try to move a tank up from the beach to assist in the attack but it was hit in the process along with my 2 step infantry unit. This still left me with 6 attack power and no naval artillery. I decided to wait until I had taken out WN62N (the beast of Omaha!) before trying to move additional infantry over to assist but the game was over before then.

Another bloody day on Omaha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.