Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that having an actual game board might add to the experience. It would be a larger game map and every player would have a pawn. When you make a noise your pawn is placed there. If you are safe your pawn is moved to the "safe" box adjacent to the board. If you are silent your pawn is moved to the "silent" box.

Or maybe the pawns are three sided with one side saying "safe", another "silent", the third, "noisy". The pawn is kept the last place you made a noise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea!

Though to do lots of different maps it could get tricky. But a hex map with the grid coordinates would work, and one could then use unique tokens for "pawns" on the map to get an idea of proximity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that idea too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
I really like that idea too.
I have a hex mat. I could put coordinates on the outskirts and we can try it out next time we play at my place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this could be a great idea.I sent the Galilei map to be printed on a 18x24 poster and will give it a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried it for the first time yesterday with the 18x24 poster map. Two games with 6 and 7 players. Each player had a figurine and they were placed/moved everytime noise was heard. We just left the figurine to its last know location when the player was silent.

Result : We will never play without the board again. It adds a visual to the game that greatly enhance it! It doesn't change the rules but somehow makes the game more involved. It also makes the game more interesting when someone dies early as he can follow what's going on.

Thanks to the OP for the idea! Anybody has good advice about mounting the poster on a board? I was thinking thin mdf but don't know what type of glue I should use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kharn The Betrayer
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Canary Islands
flag msg tools
KILL, MAIM, BURN!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad side it's that you need a gigant map for every diferent zones of the spacheship.

Do you use the paper maps anyway? I think that playing with just the gigant map it's so hard for everyone (specially for alien players), since I think you need to write every clue about the noises that players made, not just the last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="KHARN"
Do you use the paper maps anyway?[/q]

I haven't actually tried this or even played since posting six months ago, but yes, you would still use paper maps (or laminated wet-erase maps in our case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls