• [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let him. It couldn't be any less effective than it presently is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

HAMSON'S LAW OF CYNICISM: Don't fool yourself. It can always get worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Addenum to Sods Law:
Even the things that can't go wrong, will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:
Moore is just another ultra-"progressive" who wants to weed the party of anyone approaching the center of the political spectrum. Good luck with winning back a congressional majority if you're only interested in running progressive candidates everywhere, even in districts and states where they stand no chance of being elected.

Maybe he can use the GOP method, win some Governorships and state houses then redistrict your way into permanent power. It's become pretty obvious that the only way the GOP can get majorities is by achieving tortured and labyrinthine districts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:
Good luck with winning back a congressional majority if you're only interested in running progressive candidates everywhere, even in districts and states where they stand no chance of being elected.

Swap out "progressive" with "reactionary" and the Republicans just did that about a month ago. A large part of the electorate will cheerfully vote anti-governing-party without paying too much attention if things are bad enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
You've hit the nail on the head and why this years election was a Democratic screw-up of Biblical proportions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:

Cranky's Law of Imaginary Laws: They are just as easily broken as the other kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
mightygodking wrote:

Cranky's Law of Imaginary Laws: They are just as easily broken as the other kind.

Cranky 3:16

"I just whooped your ass...on the internet!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
LeeDambis wrote:
Good luck with winning back a congressional majority if you're only interested in running progressive candidates everywhere, even in districts and states where they stand no chance of being elected.

Swap out "progressive" with "reactionary" and the Republicans just did that about a month ago. A large part of the electorate will cheerfully vote anti-governing-party without paying too much attention if things are bad enough.

After two straight elections where the Democrats had big gains, a certain amount of retrenchment was inevitable. They suffered an electoral disaster because the Republicans whooped ass on the moderate, Blue Dog Democrats whose elections in 2006 and 2008 gave the Democrats their majority. That no doubt makes the liberal wing secretly happy, since they can now act as uncompromising as the Republicans, but the liberals have totally overestimated their importance within the party.

Without moderate support, without the Blue Dogs, there won't be a Democratic majority unless and until the Republicans thoroughly screw up again. Even then, they'll need moderate candidates to knock off some Republicans in the red districts. Running hardcore liberals everywhere will not succeed.

Electing moderates may succeed, but it also succeeds in getting nothing done as they bend over backwards trying to stay moderate so they stay electable. If you elect moderates, then you might as well go right to the bottom of the barrel and elect conservatives, cuz you are going to get the same results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me....
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:

Cranky 3:16

"I just whooped your ass...on the internet!"

I try not to quote the Book of Cranky too often, as it tends to call all the other faiths into question. Or were you just stating a time of day that you felt you had whooped my ass on the internet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't care less what Micheal Moore thinks he's going to do to the Democratic Party. Nonetheless, this thread was a good read. Kudos, to you smart-ass RSP posters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.