Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have ASLRB2, BV3 and DB3. I have the night-fighting counters, on the back of which are 5/8" parachutes. I don't have any boats, 1/2" parachutes or (more irritatingly) gliders. Where can I get these wonderful toys?

While I'm at it, does anyone know what the russian vehicles (like the bizarre PaK40 on an M3 Lee chassis) in DB are for, or where the Sturmtiger originally came from (to be erratad in AoO)?

And last but not least, where are Nebelwerfers and Munitionskraftwagens with Nebelwerfers mounted on them in ASL? Are they treated as OBA? Seems odd, since Hummels (which were at least as mobile as SdKfz 4s) and some VERY large bore/long range artillery weapons are included.

Cheers,

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
The only ones I can answer are:

The Sturmmorsers originally appeared in Operation Veritable, and Nebelwerfers are considered offboard artillery since, unlike a Hummel, it could never conceivably attempt direct fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers. That makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boots01 wrote:
Hi all,

I have ASLRB2, BV3 and DB3. I have the night-fighting counters, on the back of which are 5/8" parachutes. I don't have any boats, 1/2" parachutes or (more irritatingly) gliders. Where can I get these wonderful toys?

While I'm at it, does anyone know what the russian vehicles (like the bizarre PaK40 on an M3 Lee chassis) in DB are for, or where the Sturmtiger originally came from (to be erratad in AoO)?

And last but not least, where are Nebelwerfers and Munitionskraftwagens with Nebelwerfers mounted on them in ASL? Are they treated as OBA? Seems odd, since Hummels (which were at least as mobile as SdKfz 4s) and some VERY large bore/long range artillery weapons are included.

Cheers,

Nick

I got my night counters in Yanks! That was a long time ago..

All rockets are treated as Rocket OBA.

FWIW, if you are looking for a local game of ASL, there is an ASL Club in Paddington RSL on the first Saturday of each month (but not Jan 1, Jan 8 instead).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. I've just checked, I hadn't noticed the 1/2" parachutes on the backs of the skis - looks liek I can do paradrops but not glider assaults.

I think I will mock up some gliders, as I don't really want to have to wait to play sme of the mre interesting-looking glider assault scenarios.

Mark - thanks for the tip. I won't be able to make the January meeting as I'll be in the US for January, but I'll certainly look into their february meetup. I've managed to get about three other guys playing at the Boardgameglebe meetup in Petersham on a monday evening, but I'm a little starved for opponents. If you're around the Petersham area, PM me.

-N

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boots01 wrote:

Mark - thanks for the tip. I won't be able to make the January meeting as I'll be in the US for January, but I'll certainly look into their february meetup. I've managed to get about three other guys playing at the Boardgameglebe meetup in Petersham on a monday evening, but I'm a little starved for opponents. If you're around the Petersham area, PM me.

-N

Nick, generally we correspond on a Yahoo Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/asl-au/

subscribe and keep track of our drivel.. sometimes there is a gem or some ASL stuff going cheap. Usually a flurry of people looking for ASL games around the end of each month, but if you ask for a game around Petersham I suspect there will be a taker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.